What's on The Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is the Yokosuke D4Y1 from Fujimi. I didn't shave off enough when I connected the engine section to the fuselage. This one is a Yokosuka D4Y1-C '52' unknown unit Rabaul, New Britain 1943.
20240821_214355_HDR.jpg

20240821_214355_HDR.jpg

This is the Aoshima version of the Kawanishi N1K2. This was part of a $200 Japanese airplane kit lot I purchased in 2018 through this guy I dealt with off of EBay (who was my liaison to the other guy doing the selling) after chatting a few times. It had about 15 kits in the lot with varied plane types. I don't think I realized how lucky I was to get it until now. There were some that were missing canopies and the guy who I always chatted with purchased them and sent them to me. Several had PE and bonus parts that came inside the kits. Anyhow, this is a Kawanishi N1K2-J from the 343rd Ku 501st Hikotai.
20240821_200903_HDR.jpg
20240821_200837_HDR.jpg

20240821_200847_HDR.jpg

Love me some Peanut Butter & Jelly bombers. Looking real nice. I'm no expert on weathering myself just experiment. Lay down an of clear coat, (ie acrylic before using enamel so you can clean up what you did if you don't like it..
I am looking at the Flory ATTM on YT the bottle is H2O based so the lacquer varnish is good for that the bottle has an AB on it??Hence YT tonight might be a nice way to lighten upper surfaces.....and yes PBJ's are cool the instructions called for silver gear hubs I've never seen a Marine plane and almost all Navy in WWII was White;)

This is the Aoshima version of the Kawanishi N1K2. This was part of a $200 Japanese airplane kit lot I purchased in 2018 through this guy I dealt with off of EBay (who was my liaison to the other guy doing the selling) after chatting a few times. It had about 15 kits in the lot with varied plane types. I don't think I realized how lucky I was to get it until now. There were some that were missing canopies and the guy who I always chatted with purchased them and sent them to me. Several had PE and bonus parts that came inside the kits. Anyhow, this is a Kawanishi N1K2-J from the 343rd Ku 501st Hikotai.
View attachment 794284View attachment 794283

View attachment 794285
Jessie your paint is getting better esp. the Green's like your thinning them down some and going multiple layers...the grey's still look a little thick for my taste.Once you master that fury stick you will be better than an AB I have seen it some guys are downright fantastic with the brush.;)

Jessie your paint is getting better esp. the Green's like your thinning them down some and going multiple layers...the grey's still look a little thick for my taste.Once you master that fury stick you will be better than an AB I have seen it some guys are downright fantastic with the brush.;)
Thanks!

The Academy B25 PBJ the wings are still not glued I have a coat of Tamy semi-clear varnish on the plane on the shelf Florry's-H2O(?),AK's=white thinner then your Tamy panel wash.I just got the Florrys in the mail never used seemed the easiest maybe of all to remove?Small selection.The AK got a little bit more for this enviro even though it's met for MTO any suggestions weathering is a weak point for me.
Go slow building up the weathering, very easy to over do. Do a little bit, have a coffee (rum), come back for a second look. When you take a break, you get a fresh look and you can decide to leave as is or build it up. Nice one Jesse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back