What's the best photo you ever made of an aircraft? (At the moment)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure if it is necessarily the best, but it is my favorite picture of an aircraft that I have taken. I took it while deployed to Kosovo and I just love the sun setting in the background, and they way it shines and glows in the picture.

DSC00309.JPG

I have to say that these are a great set of pics fella's.

And as to finding my 'best ' one ?....I got a best one for composition, lighting, mood, panning, nightime, my fave, air to air, ground to air, static...actually, who the 'ell am I kidding, i've got loads and its its a very difficult one to pinpoint.

However, the one I'll offer up has been posted before. I took it a few minutes after the 2 minute silence on Remembrance Day at Duxford. It wasn't until I got home and looked at what I taken for the day, that this one just seemed to leap off the computer screen at me. I love the lighting and the dark green Hangar door for the background. Its one of five pics I've taken that I keep going back to !

Attachments

• Spitfire.jpg
    Spitfire.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 138
Ah, nice! You don't see an F15 in that way so often.

Garry, the spit looks great, could be a cover of a book or something. Always nice if a composition works!

thank fella's, total fluke really, clouds were not as dark as picture suggests, but i had trouble all day taking pictures to my left because of the lighting conditions which also moved in front of us as the day went on !

Great images here alright. Some are gob smackingly special. I'm a freelance writer for an aviation publication and often get my own pictures published along with my articles - you earn more if you provide your own images, so I like to take photos that I know might be used in articles, so technically, from a photographic perspective I don't have that many exceptional ones. After narrowing it down to three possibilities, this is the one, although it's never appeared in print.

PV270i_zpseeb02f0b.jpg

Brendan Deere's Spitfire IX PV270 starting up on a rather grey winter's day. Brendan is the nephew of New Zealand WW2 fighter ace Al Deere and the Spitfire wears his personal marking.

Last edited:
Nice pic, Nuuman. I always try to capture that moment, but always failed. Your timing is much better than mine :lol:

I like the collection sofar. So many different pictures, styles and reasons why they are special. Great job guys :thumbright:

Last edited:
this shot was actually taken by my wife at the canberra open day for the australian war memorial airshow with me directing over her shoulder . It was taken with a basic digital camera with the settings for high speed shutter set to max, and a fair amount of zoom applied. it was a difficult shot to capture. it shows a P-40, Spitfire, p-51, Canberra and f-111

Attachments

• 101_1464.jpg
    101_1464.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 93
Thanks guys. Agreed, there are a a lot of special moments here. I would have liked to submit one that I took on the day of the public display of the Mosquito with a line up of ex Mossie veterans next to it, which was published in an article on the event, but it was just a close up of the guys, nothing really exceptional about the image apart from the fact that it was a special day for all.

Parsifal, that lineup should be from l to r, P-40, Spitfire, Mustang, Meteor, Hornet. Would have been a cracker if Temora got their Sabre up. All the RAAF needs now is an airworthy Mirage.

oops, my mistake and embarrassing.....its and f-18 alright. There was an F-111 that day and it did a massive fuel burn up the lake. Sometimes i do that....get one image and get it mixed up for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back