What's the best photo you ever made of an aircraft? (At the moment)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok Marcel...you put up a great challenge and really put me to work! :lol:

After great deliberation, I settled on two candidates. The first, was Airforce One that brought President Bush here to Redding during the great fires of 2008. While that was historic (last time a president came to Redding, it was President Kennedy), it lacked the overall cool factor of candidate #2: The Martin Mars (JRM) "Hawaii" that was participating in the firefighting that same year and using nearby Shasta Lake as it's base.

What put the Mars over the rest, was not only it's history and the fact that it was here fighting fires in our area, but that I was invited aboard and got a private tour with complete history from it's skipper.

So, here it is, my selection!

IMGP4142[720x479].jpg

Really nice shot Syscom. I'm sitting here, being a bit jealous that you have flown in such a great aircraft :)

Stona, the spitfire always looks nice on photo's indeed. Especially such a low mark spit. I've got many pictures of them and they all could have been in this thread. Where did you take this?

Stona, the spitfire always looks nice on photo's indeed. Especially such a low mark spit. I've got many pictures of them and they all could have been in this thread. Where did you take this?

Last year at Duxford, before the rain came :)

Steve

Last year at Duxford, before the rain came :)

Steve
Ah Duxford, still want to go to the flying legends one time. Weather looks nice on this pic. Nice sharp shadow of the eliptcal wings.

Must say, there already have been some great pictures in this thread. Looking forward to some more. They need not be perfect or special compositions. A nice story behind it or the aircraft itself can make a photo special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back