Whats the speed of dark ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bikerbabe, while you are not actually measuring the speed of the void you can measure the decrease of the voidness of the glass. it's just the inverse of the fill speed. add one photon to a cubic meter of space and it is no longer a total void. thus the speed of dark is the same as the speed of light in the medium in question

Dark, per se, is a human perception indicating the absence of acceptible energy photons striking the retinal cones and initiating chemical reactions therein. infra-red photons and or ultra-violet photons have too little and too much energy to initiate these reactions and are perceived as darkness by humans. red, green, and blue photons not entering the eye are also perceived as dark, as in a laser beam viewed laterally. even intergalactic space is filled with EM radiation and not dark except to human senses

Dark, per se, is a human perception indicating the absence of acceptible energy photons striking the retinal cones and initiating chemical reactions therein. infra-red photons and or ultra-violet photons have too little and too much energy to initiate these reactions and are perceived as darkness by humans. red, green, and blue photons not entering the eye are also perceived as dark, as in a laser beam viewed laterally. even intergalactic space is filled with EM radiation and not dark except to human senses

Absolutely !..an iluminating comment ......and I promise not to write in white font again !

Interesting comments there...so would for instance, you percieve 'dark' differently from me ...for example ...as dark would appear to rely on the state of ones eyes (rods / cones ...from what I can remember form school all those years ago !) to percieve ?

bikerbabe, while you are not actually measuring the speed of the void you can measure the decrease of the voidness of the glass. it's just the inverse of the fill speed. add one photon to a cubic meter of space and it is no longer a total void. thus the speed of dark is the same as the speed of light in the medium in question

But is that glass half full or half empty?

So the Hippocroccofrog came first.................
3d-paranoid.gif

:hotsun: :hotsun:

GeeDee, yes you would, as in individuals whom are color "blind". if your red cones were nonfunctional you would percieve a room lit by red light as being "dark". the same principle as infra-red sniper scopes which "see" in the "dark". dark which is actually lit by nonperceived photons in the infra-red spectrum

Last edited:
So...as Terry asked, this doesn't differentiate between African or European dark !. So we are no nearer or farer to getting to the bottom of this...and No, I have no idea dark actually has a bottom !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back