When did you first become interested in Warbirds?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crippen still comes on here from time to time, but me and her speak a lot on MSN and we've become good friends :thumbleft:

oldmadbadger said:
Warbirds ? I think they're great, I have all their albums !!!

I have my own page on myspace !!!

I love anything by European techno artists !!!

I am due to be comitted any day now !!!

What the hell are you talking about?

cheddar cheese said:
WTF, nothing going on with her and anyone else here :lol: (Except maybe lanc... :evil4: )
Pulled too many G's under canopy.
Wanna see me in a skin tight, black and shiney suit with tight straps around my body? You do? I'm the one on the left.:twisted:

Ali

Attachments

• Boogie on down Arizona.jpg
    Boogie on down Arizona.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 70
I hate flying ....... puke ! Allison looks like a hoot

you'd probably look better in black spandex on a bike moving at 35mph ;)

long live cycling !

E ~

Chris yes I know talking with the vets and other "flying" members of the familie they have all said " are you weird or what ? !"

sorry but flying makes me up-chuck

E and here I am interested in WW 2 aerial combat from both sides ......... oh my

It's funny, I have a few fellow aviation photography friends that either don't fly for the same reason as Erich, or they have no interest in flying, just taking pictures of others doing it. Not me, I love flying, talking about it and taking pictures of it!

Erich hangs his head in shame ...........

have a German friend who is a missionary aviation pilot; flies a very fast and powerful twin engine craft. Is serving over on Yap island, brought the thing over about 12 years ago for an overhaul in the states and came to Oregon. Took 7 of us up for a fast flight over the Cascades and un-beknownst to me flew around Mt Mcloughlin at 9400 feet and then south towards Crater lake, well the guy got a bug in his ear and dove the thing down towards the lake and pulled it up hard and out over one of the many ridges surrounding the lake .......... pass me the barf bag, everyone laughed, my son, wife and close German friends, all giddy with delight, all I could do was shrink back in the padded seat looking down and moaning, and I have been this way ever since, even on a short flight from north Cali to southern Cali. Pass me the dramamine please ........

No sweat Erich - when I first started flying I almost had to give it up due to some minor inner ear damage. I'd puke worse than Karen Carpenter!

FLYBOYJ said:
Who said they hate flying?!?!? AHHHHHHHHH I'm Hyperventilating!!!!!!!

:big16:

I know!!!

The only thing better than flying would to be having sex while flying the aircraft.

You know what is the only thing better than that?

Having sex with 2 lovely ladies while flying the aircraft!

:lol:

My first memory of aircaft occurred in my back yard as I ran from the terrible noise of Navy SNJs darting overhead. As I grew up, there were, of course, the Blue Angels flying low over my house as they landed (F9F, F11F, F4U, A4, F-18). Air show after air show, Navy Blimps, PBYs, F8Fs, P-51s, and every Navy plane. I got every plastic model I could get my hands on (did anyone get the landing gear to work on an Aurora F8U?). Library books on all aircraft were well worn. I was destined for Navy life, it seemed. A visit by the Navy recruiter, at college got me a ride on a T-34 and a trip for a flight physical to New Orleans (on a R5D). So I bit. In the mean time, the AF visited and I submitted an application to AF pilot training. Low and behold, the Navy flight surgeon failed to sign my physical. By the time I took it again the AF had called. Only five days to reply. A couple of weeks later, the Navy informed me that I was accepted into Navy pilot training, too late. So I was off on trip of my dreams with the AF and spent about 37 years in the aerospace business. What a ride.

davparlr said:
My first memory of aircaft occurred in my back yard as I ran from the terrible noise of Navy SNJs darting overhead. As I grew up, there were, of course, the Blue Angels flying low over my house as they landed (F9F, F11F, F4U, A4, F-18). Air show after air show, Navy Blimps, PBYs, F8Fs, P-51s, and every Navy plane. I got every plastic model I could get my hands on (did anyone get the landing gear to work on an Aurora F8U?). Library books on all aircraft were well worn. I was destined for Navy life, it seemed. A visit by the Navy recruiter, at college got me a ride on a T-34 and a trip for a flight physical to New Orleans (on a R5D). So I bit. In the mean time, the AF visited and I submitted an application to AF pilot training. Low and behold, the Navy flight surgeon failed to sign my physical. By the time I took it again the AF had called. Only five days to reply. A couple of weeks later, the Navy informed me that I was accepted into Navy pilot training, too late. So I was off on trip of my dreams with the AF and spent about 37 years in the aerospace business. What a ride.
British Navy screw up too. My brother joined the Navy as a Radio Operator and then applied for a tech course and they said (after testing) that he didn't have any aptitude for electronics. He left the Navy and did a BSc in Control Electronics and Cybernetics and got a first. Did not go back in with a commission as he had sampled civvy street and didn't want to go back.

Ali

evangilder said:
It's funny, I have a few fellow aviation photography friends that either don't fly for the same reason as Erich, or they have no interest in flying, just taking pictures of others doing it. Not me, I love flying, talking about it and taking pictures of it!
It's not that I hate flying, it's the landing I hate which is why I skydive. :lol:

Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Back