Which Air Force would you have liked to fly with in WW2

Which Air

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I your referring to statistics based on Antonios Fosteridis, I'd suggest reading up on that a little further before forming an opinion.

As far as this being relevant to the forum's favorite airforce, I'd say it's not...the thread is drifting quite a bit, actually.

Hey, don't get angry at me for daring to make a comment that you feel challenged by. You were using Bulgaria as an example of some kind of liberal safe haven within the axis powers, I only pointed out that it was not. The Bulgarians were guilty of transporting the Jews of Macedonia and Thrace to the death camps, they were also guilty of annexing those territories and of the ethnic cleansing of Greeks. These things are well known and accepted as having happened, I have never heard them being disputed before and to be honest your going down the road of holocaust denial.

Hey, don't get angry at me for daring to make a comment that you feel challenged by. You were using Bulgaria as an example of some kind of liberal safe haven within the axis powers, I only pointed out that it was not. The Bulgarians were guilty of transporting the Jews of Macedonia and Thrace to the death camps, they were also guilty of annexing those territories and of the ethnic cleansing of Greeks. These things are well known and accepted as having happened, I have never heard them being disputed before and to be honest your going down the road of holocaust denial.
Actualy, that was simply a matter-of-fact statement. No anger implied. A brief note about the territories, those had been taken away from Bulgaria after WWI and much like other nations before and during WWII, they sought to reclaim them.
As far as jews and other peoples are concerned, the Bulgarians did not allow any deportations within thier soveriegn territory. They also refused to hand over captured Allied aviators to the Germans.
They could not have any say over occupied territories that were held jointly by the Italians, Germans and other Axis allies.

And again, I'll suggest this isn't the right thread for this discussion...

What led to this side of things being discussed was a post made earlier in this thread in which a member questioned the morality of remaining in Germany after the Nazis had come to power. This thread is a poll on which Air Force would you have liked to fly with in World War Two and I have noticed that a number of people have voted for the Luftwaffe. I assume this is because those people find the Luftwaffe and it's aircraft the most interesting of all and not because they would have wished to fight for Nazi Germany. However I feel a moral side to this poll does exist.
If you would like to take a look at Yad Vashem - Request Rejected website/Bulgaria.asp and then maybe do a quick google for things like Bulgarian war crimes Greece you will read both what happened to the Greeks and Jews within Bulgarian annexed Greece.

Finnish, Fighting for the right cause using "bad" equipment (B-239 and Hawk 75) and looking good while doing it. Plus they had some cool German equipment.
how where they fighting for the right cause? Allying with Nazi Germany is not a right cause in my book. If you're referring to the Winterwar, you're mentioning the wrong aircraft, they mainly used Fokker D.21's in that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back