Which aircraft logged the.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did you read the rest of my post, or just stop after the first sentence and respond? I made no mention of raids over France, did I? Not ALL raids over France were uncontested by the Luftwaffe, some were some were not. The record stands as the lowest loss rate of any American bomber for a reason. How you wish to interpret that is up to you.

He tends to misread a lot of posts, evan. I like the B-26, it's part of one the most famous D-Day footage as well...you know the bombing raid one with Marauders? You'll know it if you see it..

The B-26 played a key part in the airwar, especially against Germany. It was also primarly for the devestation inflicted upon Monte Cassino.

And if anyone thinks the raids against France were unopposed, take a look at the records of the raids against the U-boat bases on the French coast. Or better yet, check out the 2nd B-26 mission over France. All 12 bombers were shot down. Despite that, by the end of the war the B-26 had the lowest loss rate of all American bombers. And it certainly proves that raids over France were very heavily opposed.

Don't try and credit anything with the Monte Cassino raid, dumb high command should have never ordered that. The Germans weren't even in the Cathedral until it was bombed, rubble makes good sniper positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back