Who is the best actor in a War Movie?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep he was great in the Dirty Dozen.
I also like Burt Lancaster in From here to Eternity and Run silent, run deep.
Michael caine and Cliff Robertson in Too Late the hero
Jeffery Hunter in Hell to Eternity
And last but not least, Clint as Gunny Sgt Highway in Heartbreak Ridge!

cheddar cheese said:
Apocalypse Now is terriffic until they get to the crazy jungle tribe place. Ruins a great war movie if you ask me.

I agree with CC. I thought Tom Hanks did a great job in Svaing Private Ryan. Especially when they first landed on Omaha Beach.

Band of Brothers had great actors to.

Saving Privat Ryan did have some great actors. in it. I like the guy (cant remember who played him) who played the First Seargent. I think he did a good job portraying how a First Seargent acts in a real unit.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Saving Privat Ryan did have some great actors. in it. I like the guy (cant remember who played him) who played the First Seargent. I think he did a good job portraying how a First Seargent acts in a real unit.

Was that Tom Sizemore as Sergeant Mike Horvath?

WW2
George C Scott ak Gen G S Patton - (1970) Patton
Ben Kingsley ak Itzhak Stern - (1993) Schindlers List
WW1
Kirk Douglas ak Col Dax - (1957) Paths of Glory
19th century
Nigel Greene ak Colour Sgt. Frank Bourne - (1964) ZULU

I became a fan of Ralph Fiennes after seeing his performance in Schindler's List.

Son of the Morning Star was broadcast on television on February 3, 1991. It's a really good film, in my opinion. It's shows a little about the life of Custer before the battle of the Little Big Horn and it also shows something about the life of the plains indians before the battle. It's kind of like Tora! Tora! Tora! in that it tries to give a view of each side that takes part in the battle prior to that time with the climax the actual battle. Tora! being Pearl Harbor and Son being the Little Big Horn. I was able to find Son of the Morning Star on videotape several years ago and watch it each year on the anniversary of Little Big Horn. It would be nice if they would release it on DVD but I doubt if demand is real big for it, but it is a fine piece of work.

On an odd note, I watched Crimson Tide (a favorite of mine) a few nights ago and I see Lillo Brancato, who played petty officer Russell Vossler was arrested for killing a New York City police officer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back