why nobody gibe credit to china???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One thing you have to remember is the Japanese planes they faced early on were not the infamous Zero and Oscar we are familiar with. Against China in the 30's the Japanese were using those fixed landing gear "Clauds" and there own bi-planes. So bi-planes were not so badly outclassed.

Below are some images of the planes involved.

=S=

Lunatic

Attachments

• mitsubishi_a5m4_claude_179.jpg
    mitsubishi_a5m4_claude_179.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 204
  • nakajima_a1n2_hiko3_274.jpg
    nakajima_a1n2_hiko3_274.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 208
  • curtis_hawk_ii_or_iii_209.jpg
    curtis_hawk_ii_or_iii_209.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 203
  • boeing_p-26a_203.jpg
    boeing_p-26a_203.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 224
  • p-12e_142.jpg
    p-12e_142.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 223
its all USA, UK russia and even france... whi no one gibes credit to china???? knowing thefact that more than 60% of japanese soildiers killed in action was figthing the chinese not the americans or british
Solid Snake;
I am currently writing a novel that contrasts the 1937 - 42 war in China. I appreciate the "Aces" of China. I would like to know if British and other armies, navies, airforces helped and Who of the Chinese can be singled out as heros. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
roy

What about Hong Kong. When did you blokes find that chunk of land, Lanc? Was that post war?

I also recall seeing a Polikarpov I-153 in Chinese Airforce Markings in Profile once. Will have to try and dig that out again, if I can...

Interesting book about WW2 in China by Barbara Tuchman called "Stillwell and the American Experience in China"( I think) although mostly about ground fighting. The point the book makes over and over is that both the Nationalist and Communist leaders were preoccupied with fighting one another to the exclusion of cooperating with the Americans and British to defeat the Japanese. The Chinese did some good fighting when they were well led and decently equipped. One mis-conception many people have about the AVG is that they were fighting in China prior to Dec. 7. They actually flew no combat until after Dec.7 and were disbanded in July, 1942.

Good link that one it seems to have quite a bit. Seems to be a bit light on with Aircraft pictures though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back