Winter Is Coming

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hey that's great ! yes we're blessed or maybe cursed in Oregon at times depending. We do get our seasons and I really enjoying hanging out in the cold

Erich, I wish I could just go out a few miles but theres not much even that far out. The very north of NJ has a few mountains and the Appalachian Trail skips through (I walked that years ago). Further south we have the marshlands along the Delaware that look awesome on a cold, early morning. Other than that its the pics that I enjoy like someone bundled up on 2 feet of ice and 500 foot pine trees and snow as far as the eye can see. Would love to see that in person. :D

clearing the road in Goose bay note the snowblower below

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 78
a few more..

(Pb, I think the pick up made it through your road!:D )

Attachments

• JeepInSnow.jpg
    JeepInSnow.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Japan_13_feet_snow.jpg
    Japan_13_feet_snow.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IceStormCar.jpg
    IceStormCar.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 71
  • auto.jpg
    auto.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 78gallery1.jpg
    78gallery1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 49
Quite possible the plates are correct but its much warmer as the snow is melting

Njaco no probs I'll get you guys motivated soon with more pics of me ..maybe with a fur-lined speedo ice-climbing photo ? hey NJ isn't that big of a state you need to escape asap !!, in fact all you guys need to

the car with the 15 foot wall of compacted snow looks like our Crater lake come February on the average. I've got a few pics of my wife with a 5 foot snow bank behind her...awesome, of course that was on a 500 inch snow base for the winter years back. wish I could take you guys up there only 2 hrs from my plae on good roads, a great bike trip actaully in the fall, the roads up there are closed around the rim great for show-shoeing and of course c.country skiing

Erich, I was going to ask if you knew Crater Lake. I became familiar with it a few years ago (research only, not personal). Would love to see that.

And just waitin till the kids are grown and then....see ya!!! I'll be payin the last $3 to cross the bridge and ain't lookin back. RV to all the places I wish to see....Burning Man, Roswell festival, that large gash in the middle of the country.:lol:

One of the best places I've been to was Denver. Lived there for about 8 months and I remember in the middle of a blizzard walking down Colfax ave I was just wearing a sweater! it wasn't that cold. Not biting like here in the east.

Very lovely photos Njaco. I am intrigued by the carvings in ice and snow. But whilst you shiver my old mate. I will be suffering at the local swimming pool or beach trying to stay cool during our warmer months of the year mate. Its such a trial Njaco I can assure you. But I will keep a brave face and undure it.

But I will have to admit I have never seen snow first hand or been in it or experienced a White Christmas. Maybe one day I might go and have a look thats if I can drag myself away at looking at the EYE CANDY that flocks to Australian Beaches that is hahaha

Very lovely photos Njaco. I am intrigued by the carvings in ice and snow. But whilst you shiver my old mate. I will be suffering at the local swimming pool or beach trying to stay cool during our warmer months of the year mate. Its such a trial Njaco I can assure you. But I will keep a brave face and undure it.

But I will have to admit I have never seen snow first hand or been in it or experienced a White Christmas. Maybe one day I might go and have a look thats if I can drag myself away at looking at the EYE CANDY that flocks to Australian Beaches that is hahaha
ocean beaches don't match up to fresh water beaches but I guess down under they would be a rarity

:lol: Lucky b*stard! If there was a bridge I could drive to Aussie land I would have been there years ago!

As for snow, it only works if you have something nice to start with. Miles of old growth pines, mountain ranges, etc. In jersey you just can't polish a turd. That said, living by a college as I do, the Soroities aren't that bad! :) You watch the sun bunnies and I'll watch the snow bunnies!

sorry Emac even with the eye candy you can have your weather, guess I luv the 4 seasons to much here in the mtns of the west states, of course we have some groovin ladies in the winter, not all are heavily covered in fur and fleece.

Njaco I know Crater lake very very well, my wife used to work up there as an employee before we met, so we both have a very special luv for the area and the interesting weather that is unique to this spot on the planet.....

at least with Denver the snow and cold is dry no like the humid factor of the pacific northwest where the snow is incredibly wet and heavy, perfect all winter for deadly avalanches.

NJACO, I lived in Roswell for a couple of years. There is not much there. If you dive, go to bottomless lakes. The festival started after I left there. I have heard that it can get crazy. Not that anyone here wants to comsume adult drinks or anything like that. It is nice, desert on one side and in the distance, a moutain.

DBII

DB, once I retire that is on my list as places to go...all those crazy little festivals and jamborees. Cardboard boat derby, pumpkin chunking contest, etc. Just drive and enjoy!!

Erich, wasn't aware that the winter is like the east coast - wet and heavy. Thats what amazed me when I was in Denver. Loved it!!

too bitchin photos of a previous winter time at Crater lake. Luv this spot man, bottom pic note Mt. Thielsen in the background roughly 9200 feet high. climbed that sucker at least a dozen times and once during a wild winter wind storm we watched the clouds and storm move in when we got to the summit and down-climbed in a hurry...... the mtn peak at the lower right of the photo above the C. L. rim.

Attachments

• 20070201182330.JPG
    20070201182330.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 20070201183212.JPG
    20070201183212.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back