Winter Is Coming

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
and sometimes its not that bad.

Attachments

• _20050211news11_1.jpg
    _20050211news11_1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 14io8ya.jpg
    14io8ya.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 100
  • afpjapan-snow-festival.jpg
    afpjapan-snow-festival.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 106
  • my_country_index1.jpg
    my_country_index1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 849_pic28714.jpg
    849_pic28714.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture15.jpg
    Picture15.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture14.jpg
    Picture14.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture13.jpg
    Picture13.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture12.jpg
    Picture12.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture11.jpg
    Picture11.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 105
  • snowsculpture_gallery__383x550.jpg
    snowsculpture_gallery__383x550.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture19.jpg
    Picture19.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture18.jpg
    Picture18.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture17.jpg
    Picture17.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Picture16.jpg
    Picture16.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 96
  • sapp4.jpg
    sapp4.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 101
It was so cold last night, I had to turn off the air conditioner.

DBII

Those pics can't be from this year already can they? Those snow/ice buildings are awesome. That road in the second picture looks wicked nasty to drive or walk on. And is that a car carved in ice or just covered in Ice;) He'l' need a mega Ice-scraper to get that mess off!!!

very cool indeed though I'd prefer to hit this spot climbing in the winter close to yosemite on the east side

Attachments

• DSCN7017panorama5.jpg
    DSCN7017panorama5.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 79
from my understanding

the car that is covered is from a series of pics from Sweden or Switzerland. Along a coast road (Switzerland?)

The ice castles are from some former Russian republic.

And the snow carvings are from the snow festival in Japan. 2005 I believe.

Erich, that does look nice.

and that side is here in Jersey! I wouldn't mind winter so much if I had something nice to look at. Landfills, traffic jams and cookie-cutter houses on flatlands don't cut it all the time. I envy those like Erich and Adler, so close to nice winter vistas and snow and..... ahhhh, I 'll shut up.

ignore the uglies and the dank, I luv the winter most of all but that is where and what I did my training for places beyond the sphere

something about snow/ice that is so distinct and has a special beauty all it's own, and a great time to be in the backcountry alone ............. stop and just listen ..........do you hear nature talking to you ?

Njaco I've climbed most of the routes on the 3 ice headwalls, they are caused from the continual drainage of an upper aqueduct that leaks all year long thus giving continual ice on days of the cold winter snaps.

Njaco force yourself to get out of the city........you have to man, grab some snowshoes or c.c.skis and head out 1-2 miles and that is all you need to get away and enjoy !!!

I miss the winters in Germany. I would take my bike out and ride for hours through the mountians. Very little cars, just the snow and me. I loved getting to the top and watching everything below. Then there was the mad ride down the winding roads afterwards. I have to get out of my cubical...

DBII

yes you do friend. biking n the winter is sweet given the proper weather conditions and no bozos driving in your area.....

♫ not sure if you guys would like this or not ........... just pulled out some pics of me Ice Climbing in Alaska and C.C. walking on our famous Lk .of the Woods on a 10F clear brilliant day......yes the huge lake is frozen solid at least 2 feet thick. ♫

you guys want me to post for a good laugh ?? I'll have to get them scanned in several days from now

oh what the poop anyway it cold on the lake frozen 20mph wind, 10 F out. A friend and I did about 15 miles that day,,,,,,,about 2-3 other folk out on the lake for some peace and quiet, it's dumping snow hard now and real foggy

BROWN-DiamondLake-alone-wtrees.jpg

Brown mtn in the background and one of the best back-country mogul downhills in the state, it's an old volcanic plug which is blown out one side full of lava rock and one two other sides a dream of steep pitched skiing

BROWN-DiamondLake-alone-wmountain.jpg

Nice pics Erich. I've personally only ever been to the snow on two occasions in my life, and boy what fun I had! :)
Here is our attempt at a snow man!!:oops:

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back