Woljags' Avro Lancaster/Manchester/Lincoln/York/Shackleton - Personal Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i keep having a go at this and will post some more pics when there's something more to see ,its just filling and rubbing down at the moment i'm afriad

bob2314.jpg

it doesn't look much but this is the result of many hours filling and sanding and its still not right on one side,the pic also shows the undercart being fitted with a replacement wheel made from plywood offered into place before final shaping and painting

this is another old project i've had kicking around for years based on a old lanc kit and vac form,as per the plans i had already slightly shortened the lanc main body,i don't have a clue which model this represents
bob2315.jpg

bob2316.jpg

bob2317.jpg

the last pic shows the basic pieces being fixed together

thanks for looking

thanks Terry ,i think it would have been easier to buy a new kit and bin this one but i've only kept with it because its the test shot frog kit and very rare

Looks like fun Bob.

Seems like you've got quite a few projects going and on. Best of luck with all of them.

Jon

some progress with this one too,pics to follow shortly once i've downloaded them,the main problem with this one being the vac form parts are not that good,i've had to reset the wings to give them the correct camber plus reshape the cut down lanc body around the upper turret position as it was too big and in the wrong position for a manchester

Nice one Bob!

Let me check my spares - turrets are sorted, possibly undercarriage too... *may* have a spare canopy to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back