Working on a Stuka.........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, guys, it's OK but I've done better.

Sorry about the gy-normous pictures, I'll post a little smaller ones next time.

I'll soon post pics of my Nashorn in progress.

tom

I don't see what's wrong with it. Maybe the Yellow could be a little more solid, but that might be glare in the camera lens confusing me, too...otherwise I see nothing to be upset by it.

I think you did a nice job on the Stuka, but I gotta ask a question (of all
concerned).... Are the camo lines on a Stuka nice and straight ? I'm in
the middle of a 25" wingspan rubber powered balsa/tissue Stuka JU-87B1,
and I have wondered about the camo pattern.

Inputs would be appreciated....

Charles

This pattern from the link supplied by Njaco:

http://users.hol.gr/~nowi/luftcam/bombcam1940.jpg

is practically the same pattern illustrated in the Revell JU87D kit (#5250) that they suggest for the JU87D-5. I used this pattern as the basis for my Stuka camouflage. I did lighten up the Dark Green (RLM71) with some Olive Drab to provide a little more contrast with the Schwarzgrun (Black Green, RLM70).

The Squadron flyers have a handy color chart near the back that is helpful in deciphering the various color names and numbers. I prefer Testors enamel paints.

tom

It's funny that you mention that. I was just going to post how I found a picture of a Ju87B with the same pattern. Now I know why.

tom

hey i did the same model about a year ago , good model and a trick war after i panted it i sprayed it with wd-40 it keeps it looken good and the paint dont fade need any help besides babysitting let me know , ps is ducktape a good babie sitter ha ha ha

Tom sorry for that.:(
But I don't catch your intention.Could you explain it?

No worries, Wurger. My "discovery" of yet another Ju87 with the same camo pattern was explained by your post.

Cheers,

tom

hey i did the same model about a year ago , good model and a trick war after i panted it i sprayed it with wd-40 it keeps it looken good and the paint dont fade need any help besides babysitting let me know , ps is ducktape a good babie sitter ha ha ha

Depending on what kind of paint you used and what the composition of plastic in the model, you may find that the WD-40 has a deleterious effect.

I have found that the duct tape wears off eventually and needs to be reapplied.

tom

hey tom you ever read the book stunka pilot , i read it a few times and its a good book also you ever thought about turning it into a tank bustinh ju 87 there cool looking :p

wd - 40 is good for models my girlfriend only lets me hang them up in the garage , i got about 30 hanking up there and alot more tanks attry, trucks halftracks hanking out too on selfs the wd - 40 makes it east too air of the dust too, i guess she dont like plastic or paint ha ha ha

sorry about the grammer even at 40 i cant spell, maybe i got ad@d i need my meds , im doing a p-40 now anybody got any tips on it , like the paint job, im mixed on the pre 1941 paint job or desert paint job let me know thanks

wurger wd -40 is good for alot of stuff, but i just thought it would be a tip thats all so dont get smart, ps does poland have a airforce, or is it still burning on the ground from sept 1939, see be nice, and others will be nice too you

wurger wd -40 is good for alot of stuff, but i just thought it would be a tip thats all so dont get smart, ps does poland have a airforce, or is it still burning on the ground from sept 1939, see be nice, and others will be nice too you

Maybe WD-40 is good for a lot of stuff but I suggest to use clear flat varnish instead of this.It gives better protection to models and decals.

As far as The Polish Air Force is concerned I think it is well.These burning debris from 1939 we sent to Logan Ohio but we haven't received any money for the scrap metal so far.Now I know why.Let me help you ,please,with this and here is a link which can increase your knowledge about the PAF.:lol:

Polish Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah i know the polish airforce is doing ok , sorry about the coment and in logan were a farm town so we dont need scrap metal, but china might want it , anyways because i have too keep my models in the garage they go from hot too cold and so wd-40 does do them alot of good, and varnish peels off them i tried it , but thanks , like the scrap metal joke owe

A couple of coats of Future floor polish will provide a long-lasting shine on your model if you want a shiny finish.

Here is a good source of info on using Future in your modeling projects:

The Complete Future

tom

yeah i know the polish airforce is doing ok , sorry about the coment and in logan were a farm town so we dont need scrap metal, but china might want it , anyways because i have too keep my models in the garage they go from hot too cold and so wd-40 does do them alot of good, and varnish peels off them i tried it , but thanks , like the scrap metal joke owe

:lol: So it is OK.Also sorry for the joke.Your one about the China is funny. :lol:

Let's back to WD-40,I'm a bit surprised to hear that you use the kind of varnish.My friend,who keeps also his models in a garage, hasn't had any problems with them.The oil we usually use for RC servos maintenance and other complex machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back