Worlds Spiciest Foods

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not surprised Thor. I personally don't mind a little bit of spice and chilli but not overpowering. Over Spring Break I ate a whole chilli raw (not sure what kind) because my brother said I couldn't (as you do) which was pretty bad but not unbearable.

The other week I had a lecture on Capsaicin which was interesting (entitled "Ring of Fire"). It is used in pain relief rubs as it activates the same nerves (TRPV1 receptor activating C and A-delta nerve fibres) as the pain pathway thus relieving pain. It activates the same receptor that responds to heat hence the burning feeling that is associated with chillies. As for relieving it as most people know a glass of milk eases the burning because it is sensitive to acid thus a basic fatty based liquid will alleviate the pain because the capsaicin is readily soluble in it. (sorry for the science)

Sugar works for me to relieve a burning mouth. A large spoonful of sugar cool the heat down within seconds.

Not surprised Thor. I personally don't mind a little bit of spice and chilli but not overpowering. Over Spring Break I ate a whole chilli raw (not sure what kind) because my brother said I couldn't (as you do) which was pretty bad but not unbearable.

The other week I had a lecture on Capsaicin which was interesting (entitled "Ring of Fire"). It is used in pain relief rubs as it activates the same nerves (TRPV1 receptor activating C and A-delta nerve fibres) as the pain pathway thus relieving pain. It activates the same receptor that responds to heat hence the burning feeling that is associated with chillies. As for relieving it as most people know a glass of milk eases the burning because it is sensitive to acid thus a basic fatty based liquid will alleviate the pain because the capsaicin is readily soluble in it. (sorry for the science)

Nice explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back