Worlds Spiciest Foods (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was glad to see some Indian food in there! I love Indian food, of course I do stay away from the really spicy dishes. I do not understand the fascination with eating food that is overly spicy.

I have a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce in my refrigerator. A single drop the size of a pencil point will put me through the roof. Bought it on a whim and now keep it for grins. Literally a pencil eraser will make a HUGE pot of chili almost unbearable to eat.

Should have known better and read the back label. It says it can also be used as a floor stripper. Here's part of the Wiki entry
It has been rated at 180,000 Scoville units[1], compared with 2,500-5,000 for Tabasco sauce, which, before the 1990s, was the hottest sauce known to the average consumer. Part of the intrigue behind the sauce name (Insanity) was founder Dave Hirschkop's wearing of a straitjacket at events promoting his products.

The introduction of sauces made from capsaicin extract started an arms race. Dave's Gourmet has since introduced sauces with increasingly greater concentrations of capsaicin under names such as Dave's Commemorative Insanity, Dave's Total Insanity, and Dave's Ultimate Insanity, which has been reported variously as from 90,000 to 250,000 on the Scoville scale and comes with a caveat Use this product one drop at a time." Keep away from eyes, children and pets. Not for people with heart or respiratory problems. Also offered is Dave's Private Reserve which comes in a coffin-shaped package and has been reported variously as from 500,000 to 750,000 Scoville units. His most recent release is a super-limited holiday edition, which is two to three times as hot as his private reserve, and was limited to 200 bottles total, selling for $199 per bottle.

ahhh, something close to my heart!

Hot sauces and spice are actually very good for you. In addition to cleaning the palate to savor other foods, it helps the heart and body not only with cleansing but with regulating certain functions.

I love this stuff. This year I hope to make my own hot sauce with some peppers I grew last year. Habanero and others.

Feel the burn!!!!!

I draw the line when I find something that requires me to keep a fire extinguisher next to the toilet. Its all well and good to joke about "eating constantina wire an' piss napalm"....the reality isn't quite so funny. On the other side of that line, though, I enjoy a good spice!

I have some habanero sauce that is quite hot but the flavor is very good. After living in Texas for many years and eating all the many ethnic foods here from Mexico, India, Vietnam, Thailand among others I have come to crave a little spice in my diet. I have also heard that hot peppers might actually be addicting.

I really do not like food that is too hot. It actually takes away from the flavor. I do not mind spicy and mildly hot food, but too hot is just insane. I want to taste my food.

I like the spice to give some kick to the taste. Not cause 2nd degree burns.

I guess the people who want to say they eat food sauced up with the insanity sauce, are the same types who enjoy drinking $500 bottles of whiskey.

Just doing it for the bragging rights.

I have also heard that hot peppers might actually be addicting.

Amsel, that is soooooo true! Love hot peppers.

As far as taste, the intense heat doesn't take the flavor away for me, maybe because I'm used to it. Now I don't go glopping it on everything, but when I use it, its to bring out the taste for me. My pre-wife and me sometimes sit down and make 7 lbs of chili at one time and we sauce it up - not so it burns but I've perfected where you eat a bit and after its gone down then the heat rises. Not immediate burn as that kills the chili but grows after you're done. Love it!!!

I like the spice to give some kick to the taste. Not cause 2nd degree burns.

I guess the people who want to say they eat food sauced up with the insanity sauce, are the same types who enjoy drinking $500 bottles of whiskey.

Just doing it for the bragging rights.

Wish I could afford $500 bottles of whiskey. But yeah at this point it is for show. My oldest boy had a friend come over for dinner and they ate hotdogs on the grill. His buddy claimed he loved hotsauce and that nothing was too hot for him. I put a pin prick on his finger (didn't want to ruin a perfectly good tube steak). He huffed and puffed for 10 minutes... :lol: Worth every penny.

I'm not that big on spicy food, but I do love a little kick in it from time to time. Like last week, I added jalapeno peppers to my spicy buffalo chicken wrap. I loved every bit of it, but I have a runny nose, watery eyes, and a very red face afterwords. :D

Matt, one of my co-workers ordered a bottle of pure Capsaicin, which is rated at 16,000,000 scovilles, compared to 180,000 of Dave's gourmet Insanity sauce. We put 3 drops from an eye dropper into a pot of Rotel queso and it lit us up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back