Wright Brothers Glider in a Wind Tunnel.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

John Reid

Airman
Jun 18, 2018
Montreal Canada
I am in the early stages of building the Wrights last glider that they built just before the Flyer. It is the same basic concept as the Flyer but with no engine.

This is the basic wind tunnel.

046.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
the wind tunnel based upon the Ames tunnel in California.

I want to put the Glider into a wind tunnel because most of the research was done on their gliders. Not only did the Wrights build the first airplane but they invented the wind tunnel too.

Lookinng very interesting. Have you bended the plywood at the corners or you made them with a couple of strips and then shaping with sandpaper?

Lookinng very interesting. Have you bended the plywood at the corners or you made them with a couple of strips and then shaping with sandpaper?
You won't believe it but I bought them in a dollar store for 3 bucks each years ago. They were meant to be hung on the wall. Something told me to buy them and they have been sitting in my shop until now. Like most guys that do dioramas, I am always on the lookout for unusual stuff or stuff that could be used in a diorama. Any time I am in a store I am thinking can I use this or adapt it to my needs. In this case, I would have never thought that these would be an inspiration for a wind tunnel. Did I mention that we tend to be pack rats too?

Oh that's the kind of shelves then. And yes, you never know what can come in handy.for modelling. Same here I buy things that seem to be nott needed at all mostly. But then these appear to be very useful.

It is a very original theme, and your work with wood will pay off to turn some shelves into a wind tunnel! :salute:
Interesting to know the first wind tunnel one of the works of the Wright brothers.

Greetings to Montreal, J.R.

Saludos :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back