Würger family 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Actually there is a note though ... the side cooling vents behind the engine compartment may be incorrect if you want to replicate the Fw 190A-4. The kind you made was used for A-2 and A-3. Beginning the A-4, the Würger variants got the three vertical rectangular in the shape vents with the louvers. However it was changed during the production process and the very early A-4 had the panels with the early slots. So a pic of the particular kite would be useful. Also if it is going to be the A-4 the fuselage should be shortened just behind the exhaust pipes. Unfortunately the Revell model allows to assemble the A-5 and the later versions. With the A-5 the fuselage was lengthened 15cm there what resulted in adding of an extension behind the bottom and side edge of the engine cowling at the front of the wing root.
Below the A-4 ( on left ) and the A-5 ( on right ) front areas with the differences seen.

View attachment 737383
the pic source: the net.

And here an eample of the Fw 190A-4 Trop of the Erprobungskommando 19 in Libya ...

View attachment 737384
the source: Erprobungskommando 25 Focke-Wulf Fw 190s

Würger:

Thank you very much for enlightening several facts regarding the A-4 kite.

You are correct in your points regarding which type of plane Revell do sell in the box. Apparently this kit kite represents from the A-3 details, all the way to the A-5. I completely went with the idea that the Revell kit represented the A-4 due to the fuselage door behind the cockpit:

Cockpit 03.jpg

And yes, this kit has to be shortened the 15 cms after the exhausts after a thorough measurements. But after pondering if its worth dismantling half the work performed so far, guess I can live with those extra centimeters :tongue:.

Regarding the three engine vents, I based the decision of correcting this pieces on the following image:
Cockpit 02.jpg

You are right that the vents has to be presented with closing lids. Guess that based on the work performed so far, I'll have to choose a similar kite used by the DAK.

Guess that after this well learn lesson, I´ll have to better review the kite I want to build, in specific with the Revell lineage...........

So far, after working with some aluminium details during this week, this is how the kite looks like before applying the black Mr. Surfacer..........
Cockpit 01.jpg

Guess that the FW-190 A final product will be a collage of the A family.
Thanks again for the information Würger! :pilotsalute:

Regards

Gerry

OK. No problemo. Always it is nice to see a Wurger getting shape. :thumbright:

BTW ... there is a couple of the kite pics more. Below the one of them.

Erprobungskommando_19_Fw_190A-4_Benghazi_Nov42.jpg

the source: Fw 190 part 1 | World War Photos

Also, if I may of course .... while the radio accessing hatch (A) is about to be correct , the filler cap for the MW-50/additional fuel tank (B) didn't appear until the A-7 and A-8 variants. So if it is going to be the A-4 the plug should be sanded down.

fw190A.jpg

OK. No problemo. Always it is nice to see a Wurger getting shape. :thumbright:

BTW ... there is a couple of the kite pics more. Below the one of them.

View attachment 737718
the source: Fw 190 part 1 | World War Photos

Also if I may of course .... while the radio accessing hatch (A) is about to be correct , the filler cap for the MW-50/additional fuel tank (B) didn't appear until the A-7 and A-8 variants. So if it is going to be the A-4 the plug should be sanded down.

View attachment 737721
Once again Würger thank you, cause you are right. This filler cap must be located in the other sude if the fuselage, right?

Gerry

Yes you are right. The fuel intake and the filler cap were on the starboard side ...

here ...
h2.jpg

However, please make a focus on that there wasn't a small hatch next to the filler cap for the A-4. Later the fuel intake was also repositioned and the hatch was added there. It was done with the A-7 version of the Fw 190 IIRC. Unfortunately the model manufacturers add the hatch for the A-5/A-6 often especially if the same kit is offered also as the A-8/F-8 and G-8 sub-types of the Wurger.
h3.jpg

Yes you are right. The fuel intake and the filler cap were on the starboard side ...

here ...
View attachment 737751

However, please make a focus on that there wasn't a small hatch next to the filler cap for the A-4. Later the fuel intake was also repositioned and the hatch was added there. It was done with the A-7 version of the Fw 190 IIRC.
View attachment 737752
Würger:

Thank you again for this useful info mate!

Here are the results of your kind info submitted to the kite prior of the priming works.

First, the removal of the small hatch that wasn't found until later models:
DSC00228.JPG

Then proceed to install the gas hatch in its correct position:
DSC00229.JPG

Thanks again my friend.

Now back to the operating table with the Dora kite.......

Have a nice one!

Gerry

And the next shot of the White 1. The demarcation line between the top and bottom colours can be noticed.

Erprobungskommando_19_Fw_190A-4_Benghazi_Nov42_.jpg

the source: the net.

I'm always. And you? ;)
Hello Würger:

I have the following question regarding the FW 190D-11.

What were the common armament used in this kite? (I'm aware that there were just a few of this kites manufactured).

A)- Does this kite used a MG cannon used in the propeller shaft, or the 30mm MK-108 cannons along with the 20mm MG 151/20 wing cannons were the trademark of this kite?

B)- I understand that this kite was used basically for ground strafing missions (due to the teething just mentioned), did this kite also used any kind of bombs or special equipment beside the MK and MG's?

C)- Do you know any JG that operated this kite in particular?

P.S. Thank you for the image of White 1. That's the kite that will be emulated for the 190-A.

Have a nice one mi amigo

Gerry

IIRC there were 20 D-11s assembled but could be them more. Mostly these were the prototypes or pre-production kites only. The first prototype Fw 190V55 W.Nr. 170923 had the standard armament of the D-9 aircraft. The next ones had the fuaselage MG131 MGs removed. Basicly the aramament were two 20mm MG151/20 E at the wing roots and two 30mm Mk108 outboard cannons or just the two MG151/20 only. The Mk108 cannons also could be substituted by a pair of 20 mm MG 151/20. The D-11 didn't have the cannon firing through the prop shaft. The kind of the armamant was used for the D-10, D-12 and D-13. Although the mass production was set up the D-11 never became the operational aircraft. For sure, one or two of them was flown by the JV 44 as the red "4" while the second one was marked as red "2" that earlier belonged to the VFS des G.d.j. The next D-11 W.Nr. 220009 and D-11 W.Nr. 220 017 (also identified as 220 012) were used by the Verbandfuhrerschule des G.d.j. in 1945. I think these of the flying school were used for the training missions only.
As memo serves the D-11 wasn't used for the ground attack missions but was designed for this only. Because of the D-12 advent the D-11 project was abbandoned. The planned Fw 190D-11/R20 and R21 remained a project

Well ... the answers ...

A) No and no.
B) Not used for the ground attack missions. Not used any kind of bombs or special equipment beside the guns and cannons. However the R4M rocket launching rails are mentioned.
C) Actually not used operationally. The exception can be the ones of the JV 44 and the ones of the VFS des G.d.J.. One of them was found after the war with rails for R4M rockets. Also the D-11s were used by the JG 300. There were two Fw 190 D-11 in the Stab JG 300 and a couple more in the II./JG 300.

BTW ... VFS des G.d.j = Verbandsfuhrerschule des Generales der Jagdfliger at Bad Wörishofen, Bavaria Germany.

IIRC there were 20 D-11s assembled but could be them more. Mostly these were the prototypes or pre-production kites only. The first prototype Fw 190V55 W.Nr. 170923 had the standard armament of the D-9 aircraft. The next ones had the fuaselage MG131 MGs removed. Basicly the aramament were two 20mm MG151/20 E at the wing roots and two 30mm Mk108 outboard cannons or just the two MG151/20 only. The Mk108 cannons also could be substituted by a pair of 20 mm MG 151/20. The D-11 didn't have the cannon firing through the prop shaft. The kind of the armamant was used for the D-10, D-12 and D-13. Although the mass production was set up the D-11 never became the operational aircraft. For sure, one or two of them was flown by the JV 44 as the red "4" while the second one was marked as red "2" that earlier belonged to the VFS des G.d.j. The next D-11 W.Nr. 220009 and D-11 W.Nr. 220 017 (also identified as 220 012) were used by the Verbandfuhrerschule des G.d.j. in 1945. I think these of the flying school were used for the training missions only.
As memo serves the D-11 wasn't used for the ground attack missions but was designed for this only. Because of the D-12 advent the D-11 project was abbandoned. The planned Fw 190D-11/R20 and R21 remained a project

Well ... the answers ...

A) No and no.
B) Not used for the ground attack missions. Not used any kind of bombs or special equipment beside the guns and cannons. However the R4M rocket launching rails are mentioned.
C) Actually not used operationally. The exception can be the ones of the JV 44 and the ones of the VFS des G.d.J.. One of them was found after the war with rails for R4M rockets. Also the D-11s were used by the JG 300. There were two Fw 190 D-11 in the Stab JG 300 and a couple more in the II./JG 300.

BTW ... VFS des G.d.j = Verbandsfuhrerschule des Generales der Jagdfliger at Bad Wörishofen, Bavaria Germany.

Würger:

I'm grateful for you incredibly quick and thorough response. Man, you really know quite well the FW family........ =D>

Let me advance furthermore in the D-11 in order to present it to my Sensei.

Best Regards

Gerry

My pleasure.

The additional info .... about fifteen Fw 190 D-11s were delivered to units by the end of March 1945.

Our member FalkeEins mentions at his site also the JGr 10 and JG 101 units.. the 2./JGr 10 D-11's were equipped with R4M rocket launching rails under the wings in place of the outer wing cannon.
And he listed the identified D-11s ...

220000, White Chevron 53, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen
220009, White Double Chevron, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen
220010, White Chevron 58, VFS-GdJ, 'Red 4', JV 44, Munich-Riem
220011, White Chevron 57, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen,
22001? White Chevron 57 R4Ms at Schongau JG 101 ("Does this machine have any correlation with WNr 220011 found less than 30 kms away? ")
220012, White Double Chevron + Bar, VFS-GdJ, Salzburg-Maxglan, pos. Major Günther Rall
220013, White Chevron ??, VFS-GdJ, 'Red 2', JV 44, found at Bad Aibling (JV 44 crest but no inscription)
220014, White Chevron 61, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen

The info .... Focke Wulf Fw 190 D-11 Platzschutzstaffel - IBG Models latest release and an updated list of documented airframes

My pleasure.

The additional info .... about fifteen Fw 190 D-11s were delivered to units by the end of March 1945.

Our member FalkeEins mentions at his site also the JGr 10 and JG 101 units.. the 2./JGr 10 D-11's were equipped with R4M rocket launching rails under the wings in place of the outer wing cannon.
And he listed the identified D-11s ...

220000, White Chevron 53, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen
220009, White Double Chevron, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen
220010, White Chevron 58, VFS-GdJ, 'Red 4', JV 44, Munich-Riem
220011, White Chevron 57, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen,
22001? White Chevron 57 R4Ms at Schongau JG 101 ("Does this machine have any correlation with WNr 220011 found less than 30 kms away? ")
220012, White Double Chevron + Bar, VFS-GdJ, Salzburg-Maxglan, pos. Major Günther Rall
220013, White Chevron ??, VFS-GdJ, 'Red 2', JV 44, found at Bad Aibling (JV 44 crest but no inscription)
220014, White Chevron 61, VFS-GdJ, Bad Wörishofen

The info .... Focke Wulf Fw 190 D-11 Platzschutzstaffel - IBG Models latest release and an updated list of documented airframes
Well this info was quite useful due that based on this info, guess that the winner is the 220012.

According to the Asisbiz platform, this is how the kite looked like during its Jv-44 period:

220012 White Double Chevron D_11.jpg

I really like the colors applied to the kite. (besides that I already have the decals for this kite)..... 🤪

Do you have any more info regarding this kite Würger?

Best Regards mi amigo

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back