Würger family 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What kind of the info are you looking for?

Some of her story ... The Dora was used by Platzschutzschwarm JV 44 and was identified quite recently. Her Werk Nummer was found to be 220013 though. She was marked as Red '2', and at the end of the war was found at the BadAibling airfield. Similar to the "Red 4", the kite belonged to the VFS des G.d.j previously. There are no photographs showing the entire airframe and as such , this aircraft didn't carry any kind of inscription. The aircraft likely arrived at Bad Aibling about 25 km southeast of München-Reim at the end of April 1945, when JV 44 moved from Munich to Salzburg, where for some reason she remained until the occupation of the airfield. The pilot of her is unknown but the possibly was Mjr. Wilhelm Steinman. More information you may find in Jerry Crandall's book "The Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Dora'" vol. 2 by the Eagle Editions publisher.

And here her possible appearance at the port side ...
Fw 190 D-11 Rote 2 JV 44.jpg

the source: Leutnant Karl-Heinz Hofmann

What kind of the info are you looking for?

Some of her story ... The Dora was used by Platzschutzschwarm JV 44 and was identified quite recently. Her Werk Nummer was found to be 220013 though. She was marked as Red '2', and at the end of the war was found at the BadAibling airfield. There are no photographs showing the entire airframe and as such it is unknown if this aircraft carried any kind of inscription. The aircraft likely arrived at Bad Aibling about 25 km southeast of München-Reim at the end of April 1945, when JV 44 moved from Munich to Salzburg, where for some reason she remained until the occupation of the airfield. The pilot of her is unknown but the possibly was Mjr. Wilhelm Steinman. More information you may find in Jerry Crandall's book "The Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Dora'" vol. 2 by the Eagle Editions publisher.

And here her possible appearance at the port side ...
View attachment 737992
the source: Leutnant Karl-Heinz Hofmann
This is a nice view of the other side of the fuselage.

Then it is 220013. With this information I will continue with the project my friend.

Thank you again.

Gerry

Hello fellow modelers:

Here are some images of the advance so far on the D-11, as well as some ideas of how several details will be performed in order to confirm if its a good idea to use rivet stencils all around this kite.

First with the help of Würger, it was decided that this kite is going to emulate the JV44 Red 2 kite.

Based on this, some research was made in the details and the construction of this particular kite, and it was noted in several photos and drawings that the connector used to join the fuselage and the tail section, was sometimes not painted and left in bare aluminium. So....

First use some blueprints of this section (from the AJ Press, Focke Wulf 190 book) and copy them into the kite as follows:
Fw190 d11 fuselage 01.JPG

Then based on these lines, proceed with the riveting:
Fw190 d11 fuselage 03.JPG

To finally apply the aluminium foil in this section:
Fw190 d11 fuselage 02.JPG

What I found so far using the foil application, is that you must leave the glue dry at least for several hours in order to work it properly (like detailing the rivets and lines), and to avoid catastrophes while handling the kite.

Greetings

Kalakan

Hello again my fellow modelers:

This is the weekly update. Due to work I've had hardly time to continue the project during the day, so this work is performed during the night. I'm considering changing to a night shift in order to apply myself to the hobby...........:-k

Well, first things first. In order to apply the rivet decals, first I had to find a good template in order to work with it in the computer. Once it was found, the Corel Draw is a fantastic tool in order to work several ideas like the rivet decals.

Once the rivets are located above the template, the main idea is that the color of each section can be printed in a different color depending the final camouflage layout:
rivets 02.jpg

Here the idea is to apply the decals (depending in the supper camouflage), in panels or in a more extended surface.....
Here's another view of the work performed so far..
rivets 01.jpg

One of the main advantages is that the template that I'm using is scaled in 1/48th scale, in order to appreciate how the final result will look once the decals are applied during the paint works. Another idea I had is that this black decals can be used as a preshading effect as well.

The main idea is to let several of the rivets to be applied with less paint above several areas, in order to appreciate better the results.

The other work were the three little guys that will be seated in each kite.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-25 at 15.28.54.jpeg

There is not a lot of detail applied in these three guys, due that the cockpit will be closed and a lot of detail will be lost. Despite this theme, this trio will be provided oxygen masks and belts..... The idea of each pilot uniform was based on the Men at Arms 377 by Osprey.

Have a great week guys!!!

Gerry

Shame work gets in the way, but good on you for finding some time. It's a lot of detail with all those rivets, a lot of extra work. :thumbright: :D

Hello again my fellow modelers:

Here's the weekly update until October the 1st.

First of all it has been an unbelievable week of work. Thanks God everything is turning ok so far. The bad news is that there's hasn't been quality time to continue the project as I would like. Nevertheless there's been some advance as you will see....

First, the seatbelts for the A-4 and the D-11 were completed and the idea is to complete each cabin along with its cabins in order to begin the priming works (that has been pending since last week), but advance is advance......

Here are some images of the seatbelts so far in the A-4....
seatbelts a-4.jpeg

Then the D-11.....
seatbelts D-11.jpeg

And here is the A-4 with the closed cockpit ready to be primed....
A-4 to be primed.jpeg

Here is the advance performed in the D-11 where the engine cowling was presented and reviewed with a black prime. Also some paint was applied to the landing gear in order to confirm that the wheels and the doors properly closed. I struggled a bit to close the cannon bays but finally both closed with a good amount of glue.....

D-11 landing gear 01.jpeg

D-11 landing gear 02.jpeg

And the final image of the cannon bays closed.....
D-11 advance.jpeg

Now the task for this week are the filling and sanding works in order to close the D-11 cockpit and begin this procedure now in the 152 kite. This with the idea to prime the three kites in one exhibition.

Please have an incredible week and see you during this week.

Gerry :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back