WW 2 Axis Color !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fw1908)

Attachments

• kleur.jpg
    kleur.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 401
Oh, what a huge bf109, piet!

I have found out another aluminum 1:1 scale A6M2.
He is going to build it up in his home.
I recommended never to paint it.

Is it OK, proton45?

Attachments

• full_metal_a6m2.JPG
    full_metal_a6m2.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 382
I have found out another aluminum 1:1 scale A6M2.
He is going to build it up in his home.
I recommended never to paint it.

Is it OK, proton45?

Wow, yes that is "ok"...maybe, an unpainted A6M is considered uncommon or inauthentic, but I think the polished aluminum highlights the beauty of the aeroplanes shape contour. From the standpoint of someone who appreciates the design aesthetics of Jiro Horikoshi's creation...the polished metal really highlights the aeroplane itself, separate from its historic significance...

This man is building an A6M2 in his house? That is an incredible project. Is he a friend of yours?

Thanks for your OK, proton45.
The builder is a friend of my friend's who is also building up a 'real' zero with duralumin.
No one knows how he is going to carry it out from his house after completion...

Thanks Aaron for your OK too!

I've been following some of the posts in regard to the movie "Zero". I watched the film many years ago and in my opinion it was the worst movie I had ever seen. It was so bad that they should have made it a comedy. If you pay close attention to the mock-ups of the zero you will notice that some one forgot to put ailerons on them!!! I recall one of the most hilarious scences of the movie is when the leading man is flying around in his aircraft and he spots his girlfriend on the ground. As he circles around he slide the canopy back and they start talking to each other ???? "Hey baby whats up, I got vegatables. may be we can take a tour of the factory??? Oh Sagimoto you okay kinda guy." I couldn't stop laughing. Another beauty is when the narrator talks about the demise of the Zero because the United States introduced the ..... CORVAIR. There were many other bloopers I can't recall all of them.

Sorry, Budman.

I didn't notice such details as you mention on the Zero movie.
Thanks for the good advice.

My impression was they reseached the old Navy system, from the uniform, how-to-salute, life style and to their psycho as a soldier, very well as I don't know the war.

With no exception, amusement movies always expect the audience's favour, especially for the young generation. The actoress in the movie, Yu Hayami, was very popular with the kids at the time in early '80s. She was not only pretty(at our standards:)) but famous for her frequent English as she was born in Hawaii.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPreKKdUkG0

That is almost all what I can recall about the movie.

Last edited:
this is a very cool pic is it a reporter on the wing?And i thought it was Priller and his"Jutta" fw-190 at first glance but the pilot looks nothing like him do you know who the pilot was piet? sorry for all the questions.

gepp

thanks beaupower32 great info and a great pic of priller :D my 2nd fav pilot of ww2

Help, Nakajima-san!

Sorry, I didn't get your plea for help (lol)... Im actually not sure I remember this movie...I think I have a copy of it somewhere, but i took a look the other day and couldn't find it.

It is true that some audiences have trouble with the "effects" of this era...but I for one have fond memories of watching movies like this when i was young...

p.s. I'm sorry Shinpachi, I didn't mean to leave you "hanging out their by yourself"....

Last edited:
Hi, proton45. Thanks for your care and sorry if my careless post may have made you worry.
On this point, please take my apology Budman too.

He mentioned "some one forgot to put ailerons on them" but the aluminum zero had it though not made of the cloth panel. So, I wondered if he might be talking about another movie.

You are very familiar with the Japanese movies, so I have asked you "help".

A movie is a movie and I didn't produce it:)

Attached image: A real zero at Mitsubishi.

Attachments

• Zero_S.JPG
    Zero_S.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 421

Users who are viewing this thread

Back