WW1 Bombers.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You're in the ATC, I should hope you freakin' do! They're nice and roomy inside, or maybe it's just 'cos I was like 6 when I sat in one.

"Do not touch the black and yellow handle!!!!" He was one angry man...probably because I kept stroking the handle. :laughing6:

What of the gotha bombers? didnt they bomb london for a short time in daylight and then when the british were able to get fighters up to theyre altitude switch to less effective night harassment operations? I cant for whatever reason, due most likely to my less than state of the art computer look at the pages between 2 and 3. So i have to ask now, and risk looking pretty damn stupid, oh well. I saw a picture of an 0/100 with the back of the aircraft being held up by ten men, supporting it, unloaded of course, on there shoulders. Just shows how the technology change from then to now.

What about the WW1 Avro 533 Manchester Heavy Bomber? It seems to be a relatively little known bomber with few surviving today and next to no photos on the Internet of it. Perhaps that is a sign of how rare it really was. Anyone got any good photos of it, as I was hoping if I could get some good photos I could get a Civ IV unit creator to turn it into a WW1 Heavy Bomber for me to insert in the Unit Upgrades chain when we get the SDK that allows custom units which hopefully should be soon.

Personnally, I'm a fan of the Handley Page V/1500. That thing was huge.
My second favorite would be the Gotha as it didn't matter were you struck there was always someone there just waiting to tare you a new one. Although, I have to say I hate having to bring those things down on Red Baron 2. Those things are almost impossible to bring down unless you choose to use infinite ammo. They could've used those as heavy fighters if they wanted.

Handley Page 0400 and the DH4 must be about the best WW1 bombers around.
The 0400 was nicknamed the Bloody Paralyser because of the size of the bomb it could carry. If I remember correctly it was around 1,700lb which when you compare it to the standard 25lb bomb of the time, when 100lb bombs being considered large gives understanding to the meaning.

PS one often forgotten fact the 0400 had folding wings.

I have a collection of WWI1 electric r/c WWI1 planes and would like to add this bomber to them. I saw it on the history channel one time and just loved it. Would you know where I might find a set of planes? I am going to try to keep the wing span in the 5ft rang. I have been looking for them but can't seem to find the right bomber or one that looks like this one.
Thank You for your time and help
Tom
email [email protected]

I like the Caproni Ca. 1. It was a great bomber, for the time it did have range and could fly pretty high.

* Crew: 4
* Length: 11.05 m (36 ft 3 in)
* Wingspan: 22.74 m (74 ft 7 in)
* Height: 3.70 m (12 ft 2 in)
* Wing area: 95.6 m² (1,029 ft²)
* Empty weight: 3,302 kg (7,264 lb)
* Gross weight: 4,000 kg (8,800 lb)
* Powerplant: 3 × Fiat A.10, 75 kW (100 hp) each

Performance

* Maximum speed: 120 km/h (75 mph)
* Range: 550 km (344 miles)
* Service ceiling: 4,000 m (13,120 ft)

Armament

* 2 × 6.5 mm FIAT-Revelli machine guns
* Bombs mounted under the hull

That's from Caproni Ca.1 (1914) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a collection of WWI1 electric r/c WWI1 planes and would like to add this bomber to them. I saw it on the history channel one time and just loved it. Would you know where I might find a set of planes? I am going to try to keep the wing span in the 5ft rang. I have been looking for them but can't seem to find the right bomber or one that looks like this one.
Tom

DSC09085.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom

Tom it's the Caproni Ca 36. Plenty of 3-view line drawings about but would they provide enough detail?

Caproni Ca 36

This is pretty impressive: I wish there were more blueprints that were in such exacting detail.

What were WW1 bomberes like? any pics would be good too :D
Here's a bomber that might not have been mentioned yet, and it is a stealth bomber, although radar had yet to be developed. "Stealth" in this case refers to the fact that it was covered in transparent fabric so it would be more difficult to see, and the engines were buried, to. The Linke Hofmann R1. It was a failure.

Linke-Hofmann R.I - Wikipedia

Linke-Hoffman+R-1+bomber+of+1916.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back