WW1 GB, are you pumped?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm excited to start on this GB, I've got a couple of WNW's kits and this will be a reason to build one.

I know what yous guys mean about a breather. This GB has me over a barrel so to speak. Didn't think a whirly bird would be so much trouble. Never experienced so many bloody decals. But take a break if you must and come back to a build refreshed.

I'm a bit confused here! There are two GBs which are almost identical. There's one 1914 to 1939, and one between the wars. Which one's which, and shouldn't the first one be WW1 only? Stretching from 1914 to 1939 is not only covering one heck of a long period, with huge developments in aviation, but it also completely negates the other GB, for between the wars aircraft. We could end up with yet another parade of the same stuff being repeated again.

We could make it ww1 and a bit like 1914-1925ish since they did have a lot of events past WW1 the countless rebellions in diffrent coutries (Russian v Poland conflict?) something where it still makes sense that its all biplane and then the other one to a more recent pre WW2 era ?

If the two Gbs are the same?

Or we could make one extra long GB so we all have lots of time to finish the kits :D

Logical to have it 1914 to 1918, and a separate Between the Wars 1919 to 1939. If that happens, it'll be long time before I do the Bulldog and Gladiator, so I'll probably have them done before then.

Don't change it now, I don't have a giant stash of kits, I bought kits specifically for the list of GB's that was published. I got a Japanese "Willow" trainer and the Curtiss racer that Jimmy Doolittle took the Schnider in, for the "between the wars" GB.
I had also planned on resurecting my P-35.

We won't be changing the upcoming 'From WWI to WWII 1919-1939' GB, to many of you are already geared to do something that fits in with this timeframe. However if you look at the my thread for the 'The New Generation GBs – 2013 Onwards' it is being recommended that the second 'Between the Wars 1919-1938' be changed to a GB of 'WWI 1914-1918'. A good move I think!

Sorry to say, probably won't be taking part in group builds for a while. When we first time compiled the GB list I was so enthusiastic, making plans for future builds way ahead. But lately, with little to none spare time and motivation lost I seem to just pile up unfinished projects. And it's just getting me frustrated. Time for a break I'm afraid.

Same boat mate... nothing ever 'good enough' to just make and paint. Continually scratchbuilding, filling, sanding, then hard work let down by substandard paint work...very demotivating.

We won't be changing the upcoming 'From WWI to WWII 1919-1939' GB, to many of you are already geared to do something that fits in with this timeframe. However if you look at the my thread for the 'The New Generation GBs – 2013 Onwards' it is being recommended that the second 'Between the Wars 1919-1938' be changed to a GB of 'WWI 1914-1918'. A good move I think!
Whew! Thats a relief, I can probably come up with a WW1 plane by 2013.
Unless the mayans were right, then I don't have that worry...

Can we do something a little beyond 1918, I had a plan for a Polish vs Russian Biplane thing and that wouldnt fit into the WW1 scheme of things :D hehe a little past that would be perfect like 1914-20ish :D

Attachments

• New Kit_Willow_7360.jpg
    New Kit_Willow_7360.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 84
Cool! The references for this plane are far and few between, I have been studying the net intently, there is one in Jakarta Indonesia, and one in the Kawaguchiko motor museum in Japan. Pictures are hard to come by, and cockpit shots are practically non-existant. I found some that were published by an outfit that makes a R/C kit, the booklet is in a pdf. but I can't find it now...

Whatever kits anyone has bought, they'll fit into one of the 're-arranged' GBs. One will be covering WW1, and the other from the end of WW1 up to 1939, so shouldn't be any problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back