WW1 GB, are you pumped?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rogi

Master Sergeant
Aug 1, 2011
Just out of curiosity if you guys are as pumped about the WW1 to WW2 GB coming soon :D

I've already planed out building a Nieuport 17 in Italian colors (Fulco Ruffo di Calabria's mount) and I can't wait to work magic on the wooden surfaces :D

Who else can't wait :D, I havn't been this excited since my first GB build :D

Which aircraft are you guys planing to make ? :)

Andy you must participate! Its up to 1939 right, so you could pull off a Hs.123 or something similar :D or maybe even a Bf-109 Prototype? (not sure when it was designed but would be a cool build :D)

Wayne, maybe something with a lot of wood like a LVG would be amazing :D

Bruce I love the Camel option and I agree with you 1/48 is the only way to go

Jan, I hate to say it but we could all try picking a model with "easy" rigging lol if there ever is such a thing :D

Evan PZL would look great :D

Viking the Handley would just be too epic and amazing with all that rigging and a sweet paint job :D

There are a few pre-war birds I like but it means buying yet another kit and not whittling away at the many years worth of builds that I already have.

Long way off yet, but if I take part, it'll be either a Bristol Bulldog or Gloster Gladiator, both 1/48th scale, and both in 56 Sqn markings. That's if they're not already done for my 56 Squadron collection. At the moment, I have around three to four years' worth of kits to get through, all for planned builds, so not rushing out to add to the work load.

Yes great :D another Nieuport 17 :D

I just went to the LHS and picked up some light curing Tamiya putty (apparently drys in 2mins :O) While I was there they had a WW1 Italian Decals from Blue Rider so I had to pick those puppys up :D The logos are in Red (which means that the pilot was still alive?) and the black ones (meaning the pilot died) are somewhat there too, but I never knew that about Italian logos that they switched like that :D Got almost all the Italian WW1 aces there :)

Has anyone used Blue Rider before? Their name sounds more sexual than hobby shop etique :D

I've got myself a 48th JN-4 Jenny for that one. Jim Nissen had one at his home in Livermore CA. Tan with the RFS roundel and tail flash. It's in a museum now since he passed away to the big ready room in the sky. I had the pleasure of taking a ride in it at his airstrip next to his house. He developed the San Jose air port from a grassy field many years ago and managed it for years. Used to fly to work, about 20 miles or so by air. He di fly the Jenny when the weather was clear and calm, otherwise he flew his Cessna. If you see it on the web, it has LOVE FIELD on the rear of the fusey. He pancacked it at home once, minor injuries, but repaired it there in his hangar.

Looked in the stash.....and came up with this one!

Attachments

• FM_Ki-10-II_01.jpg
    FM_Ki-10-II_01.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 160
Sorry to say, probably won't be taking part in group builds for a while. When we first time compiled the GB list I was so enthusiastic, making plans for future builds way ahead. But lately, with little to none spare time and motivation lost I seem to just pile up unfinished projects. And it's just getting me frustrated. Time for a break I'm afraid.

Sorry to say, probably won't be taking part in group builds for a while. When we first time compiled the GB list I was so enthusiastic, making plans for future builds way ahead. But lately, with little to none spare time and motivation lost I seem to just pile up unfinished projects. And it's just getting me frustrated. Time for a break I'm afraid.

Thats the same with me Igor, it really sucks because I can do them up until painting and then I hit a wall for finding the time. but I tried to cut back on projects and finish the ones I have started and hopefully this one for this WW1 GB will be great :)

Models of the WW1 are still waiting for assembling. I would say ... Fokker Dr.I, D.VII, Albatros D.I/II/III/V/Va, Avro 504K, Sopwith Pup and Camel, S.E. 5a , Nieuport 17, Spad 13. But not sure if I can find some of spare time.

I know the feeling fellas! I love building them, I enjoy doing that in the company of you lot, but for some odd reason, I haven't been able to finish any for some time and it bugs the h*ll out of me! I have started to believe that it's because that I lack space to put them! I know silly excuse but....
Well, when me get home, some cheap IKEA bookshelves is in order, need to get more space for more kits, ie 1/32 He 219 and a couple of birds from down under! :oops: :lol:

Got to put my ten cent's worth in here. Have only just got home from the Bali-Singapore trip but I'm with Terry on this one with a couple of my theme builds for the 56 Squadron flight line. Going to replace a Gloster Gauntlet Mk II - Ser No K5300, Gloster Gladiator Mk I – Ser No K8000 and if time also a Bristol Bulldog – Ser No K2215. Lots of rigging!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back