WW2 debts of honour

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Readie

Chief Master Sergeant
Apr 15, 2011
Plymouth, England
Germany owes Greece a debt | Albrecht Ritschl | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
Prof reminds Germany of its WWII debts to Greece | News | The Week UK

It would appear that if Germany repaid the money taken from the Greeks in WW2 + 3% interest it would give Greece 5 years to get their house in order and arguably save the Eurozone.

The Americans were very generous after WW2, the British have repaid every penny of the lend lease agreement and I believe its time to lay the specter of another European war that Angela Merkel unbelievably referred to this weekend to rest by Germany paying her historical debts.
I wish the Swiss would act honorably with the alleged Nazi treasure trove acquired by dubious means as well. There is so much that is not theirs by rights its a disgrace.

The issues of WW2 have got to end and convenient collective amnesia is not the answer...how can the EU ever move forward until they do?

I find the thought that we will get in such an economic state that the events of the 1930's will happened again very, very disturbing....

John

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

Apparently this applies to more than just my freshman History class in Highschool.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

Apparently this applies to more than just my freshman History class in Highschool.

Yep, unless you choose to not remember the past. Worrying times in Europe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back