WWII Airborne Demonstration Team Open Hangar Day

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

coastdef

Airman
Jun 21, 2007
Frederick, OK
www.wwiiadt.org
The WWII Airborne Demonstration Team will be hosting an Open Hanger Day - 26 Jul 2008, 0800-1600 at our home base of Frederick, Oklahoma. Below is a listing of the days events. Times and events are subject to change.

Our C-47 "Boogie Baby" and our DC-3 (configured as a C-47) "Jive Baby" will be on display, as well as our hangar, the WWII Sub-Depot of the Frederick Army Air Field.

We are also offering our "Airborne Experience". For a donation, you will be able to ride in our C-47 while it is dropping paratroopers. Please go to World War II Airborne Demonstration Team, click on the Airborne Experience button for more information.

Sat, 26 Jul 2008

Throughout the day

Vehicle Displays/Rides
Table top equipment displays
Jump Videos
Parachute Packing and Display
Combat Equipment Display
Uniform Equipment Display
Meet WWII Airborne paratroopers and veterans (Names will be added as they become available)

- Mr. Bobby Hunter, D Co, 501st PIR, 101st ABN
- Mr. Ralph Manley, 501st PIR, 101st ABN
- Mr. Gene Gilbreath, HQ Co, 2nd Batt, 506th PIR, 101st ABN
- Mr. Jake McNiece, 506th PIR, 101st ABN
- Mr Don Burgett, 101st ABN
- Mr Lloyd Neblett, 301 TCS, 441 TCG

7:00 am Pre-Jump

8:00 am Gear up and JMPI

9:00 am Demonstration Jump (Location: DZ) --Weather Permitting

1:00 pm Firepower Demonstration
(Location: Outside the hanger, exact site TBD)
WEAPONS
M1911A1-blank
M1 Carbine-
M1A1 Carbine-Blank
M3A1 "greasgun" Blank
M1A1 Thompson-Blank
M1 Garand x2-Blank
M1903A4-Blank
M1918A3-Blank
M1919a4-Blank
M1919A6 Live only
M1A1 Bazooka (dummy)
M2HB
M2 60mm Mortar (Dummy)

3:00pm Wings Ceremony (Location: Hanger)

Regards,

Andy

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!! I'm about three hours south of ya, but I'm frikkin workin on Saturday! *cough cough* Wait....*cough*.....maybe I'm sick....

.....hmmm....didn't the Airborne always jump with a medic in the team? Maybe I should see him.....*evil grin*

Since taking the hypocritic oath while persuing my doctorate in Anal Glaucoma, I can declare that you, Rabid, have "reactive airline disease" and must spend several hours within the confines of a metal tube at 10,000 feet sweating out the symptoms. If your boss has any questions, I can't be reached until 7 November.

*G* I have a severe and recurring (incurable) case of "anal glaucoma". I, sir, am with you on that one. :occasion5:

Luckily, my wife has relatives up in that area. I think one of them is gonna wind up in the hospital. *evil grin* We need to visit! Its the polite thing to do.

For those who didn't have the opportunity to come out, here are some pictures of what you missed! We had an excellent Open Hangar Day culminate our Summer Jump School.

Our recently painted DC-3, now named "Boop B Doop".

IMG_1257.jpg

Our C-47 "Boogie Baby" coming in for a landing.

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

Boogie Baby on the ramp with one of our pilots, Dave Brothers.

IMG_1687-crop-sepia.jpg

Demonstration Jumps!

IMG_1638-Crop.jpg

IMG_1646-crop.jpg

"Airborne Experience" rides with WWII veterans.

DSC_9281.jpg

DSC_9262.jpg

Displays.

DSC_9306.jpg

DSC_9348.jpg

DSC_9320.jpg

DSC_9307.jpg

Graduation ceremony for jump school students. Wings were pinned by WWII veterans.

DSC_9369.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

Regards,

Andy Bennett

Frikkin twin demons...."Concience" and "Integrity"....I went to work that day instead of skipping. Is this an annual event? I'll make sure to take the day off next year!!!!!! Awesome pics!

I so very much wanted Don Burgett's autograph (on all four of his books).

We have our Open Hangar twice a year, in January and in July. We usually get a bit better veteran turnout in January when it isn't hot. Don Burgett has been out 3 of the last 4 schools; he is an amazing man, and we are honored to have him come out and spend some time with us; he usually comes down from Michigan a couple of days prior to the Open Hangar day so he can watch the end of jump school.

Our schedule of events is at our website, World War II Airborne Demonstration Team.

Regards,

Andy

Frikkin twin demons...."Concience" and "Integrity"....I went to work that day instead of skipping. Is this an annual event? I'll make sure to take the day off next year!!!!!! Awesome pics!

I so very much wanted Don Burgett's autograph (on all four of his books).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back