WWII aircraft bombs i found

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

alsaad

Airman
Jun 21, 2009
some pics of aircraft bombs i have found and disposed during last 2 years

envelope laggere 100 kg-french

fr.jpg

an m41a1 20 lbs-american

m41.jpg

SAP 100 100 kg- italian

sap100.jpg

SC250 250kg-german

sc250.jpg

sc50 50kg - german

sc50.jpg

sc 50and sd50 - 50kg - german

sc50sd50.jpg

sd250 250kg -german

sd250.jpg

Whew!....

Ok very cool... We dont know if you were a 11 year old with a shovel and metal detector..

Awesome... how often are u forced to defuse vs detonate ?

in most cases we crack them open and burn the filler. i have jacket of AN M64 A1 rendered safe that way shown as exponate in front of headquarters building of an agency i am employed in.
il put it here one of these days.

Pretty wild stuff. Looking at the last two pics, they look like German bombs. Am I correct on that one? Not an expert on bombs by any means but fuses look like they are a Luftwaffe type.

Whoops, my bad. :oops:

Didn't look at the bombs as much as the fuses. Seen those before. Can't remember when but it has to be at least 25 years. They had a funky ring in them that was an anti-tamper device, under the outter top ring. Unscrew the fuse, pull it up and bang (in a big way).

Just can't place where I saw them before.

Bugging me.

With the guys, thanks for sharing! :D

From a 'historical preservation' point of view, is there a 'safe' (as far as that is possible in your trade) way to defuse them and preserve them? That Sd250 was in BEAUTIFUL condition, seems a shame to have to destroy it if it could be avoided somehow???
(I know, I know..."you wanna preserve it? ---- off and defuse it yourself..!!!" :lol: )

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back