Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mosquito

• IL 2

• Other

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
Which ones do you guys like? I personally favor the Dautless and the B25H. Gotta love the 8 50s in the nose ALONG with the 75mm cannon. Tell your reasons no matter what you chose.

I went for Hs-123 in the end 8)

hs123.jpg

MacArther said:
ey, CC, you admins need any help with anything???

Nope we're coping...No offence but if we were looking for new staff members wed knock on the door of more senior members first...Offer appreciated though... (Hope im not jumping th gun :lol: )

Maybe Gnomey, but the Hs-123 was the forerunner of the Stuka and introduced the whole dive bombing concept (In Germany at least) plus I love the later types of biplanes.

now you've got me looking CC :D the Hs 123 and this is right off the top of my head served in the night ground attack role over the Ost front till wars end with sub nachtschlact gruppen

I have always liked the Boston. No specific reason but it was one of the first US aircraft to be used in any numbers from quite early on in the war. It was still effective up to the end, was used in all theaters and was never found wanting. Despite this it doesn't often get the credit it deserves.

No question about it. The typhoon is the best of them all. Not only did it care cannons but could also care a very heavy bomb or rockets. I think it is also the best of them all because it could also defend itself if it had to.

Typhoon for me :D

4x 20mm Hispanos

2000lb bombload

8 60lb SAPHE single rockets or 4 sets of paired rockets.

It probably wasn't as versatile as the P-38 and it didn't have the load carring capacity of the F4U-4, but it was fast down low, rugged in attack and looks more menacing than any other strike aircraft out there.

And why isn't the P47 Jug on there?

I also think the Ju88 with it's 75mm is a contender as is the FW190.

Weren't radial Tempests used in ground attack sometimes?

schwarzpanzer said:
And why isn't the P47 Jug on there?

I also think the Ju88 with it's 75mm is a contender as is the FW190.

Weren't radial Tempests used in ground attack sometimes?

Tempest doesn't have a radial engine. The Sabre was a 24 cylinder H-form engine. Visualize it as 2 horizontally opposed 12 cylinder engines (each with 6 cylinders on each side of the crankshafts) one above the other, with the crankshafts coupled together through gear reduction onto a common propeller shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back