Your 'What if?' Builds.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I shall do mate - Cheers guys and Terry! for the info on the putty formula

Today I was pissing round with the wings , as mentioned the gaps at both wing roots is horrible , second the wing join isn't sitting perpindicular to the wings further more the dihedral is wrong so I've tried to my best to sort it out , more work to follow in the next couple of days

...and the slowed internet...THAT SUCKS Big time, happens to me too..:(

Yup!!! I'm now forced to take a break from the forum for a couple days til it resets cause waiting for these pages to load is driving me insane!

Apologies if I don't reply to some of ya posts in other threads :oops:

Hope it sorts itself mate. Mine has been running a bit slow these last couple of days, not as bad as yours by the sound of it, but it's been driving me nuts too!

Short update : no pics

Engine cowling on , wings giving me lots of greif - virtually came off today

Haven't attempted filling the gaps yet as I've had to reglue the wings on ( drying now)

Photos tomorrow though :D

Started the IAC P40B this morning. I didn't know when I bought this kit how old it is!! That dirty bastid in the LHS charged me €19 for it!!

SL380018.gif

Progress so far, I just removed the wings and fuselage halves and cleaned them up a bit. Primed and fitted the flaps.

SL380019.gif

This is going to be OOB, I want to get it together quickly and start painting!

Looking good Keith. the kit was first released on 1964, hence the copyright symbol, but looks like it's been moulded again recently in China. Should be the same as the original price, or todays equivalent, but they'll be saying it's a brand new moulding, and charge 'modern' prices. Cunning stunt!

Got some more work done on the P-40B. So much for OOB! I've drilled the exhausts, added some wires in the cockpit (not at all accurate!) I also used some stretched sprue to put some detail inside the wheel-wells. Got the prop, interior and exhausts painted too.

SL380021-1.gif

SL380022-1.gif

Spraying the zinc chromate green now.

Cheers fellas :D I'm on a marathon modelling session today, been at the bench on and off since 9pm last night. Got the chromate green sprayed, and the tyres. Disaster almost struck, the carpet monster nearly got the nozzle of my AB, it took me nearly an hour on my hands knees with a torch to find it! On the plus side, I cleaned up around my work area, lot's of bits of sprue and masking tape under the bench! Did a bit more painting on the control panel. Also got the PE straps on the seat. Got the fuselage halves glued, they're taped and clamped right now. Will post more pics later, I'm heading off to the beach with the dogs right now.

Disaster almost struck, the carpet monster nearly got the nozzle of my AB, it took me nearly an hour on my hands knees with a torch to find it!

That sounds painful! looking forward to the pics though! :D

Know the feeling mate, hopefully your motivation will be back soon.... :D

to my surprise I actually did some tonight :p

Got the holes at the wing roots filled (using Terry's formula) glued the rudder on and started marking out the camo pattern , now I just need to find the right colours and then the painting can begin (tomorrow all going well!) :D

I shall be looking forward to your 'what if' Jug build! 8)

Looking good Keith, and your's sounds like it's progressing Daniel. All good stuff, the more 'What if's?' we have the more interesting it should be! I wonder what a Sabre would look like in WW2 Luftwaffe colours............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back