Your Wild Life Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Moose along Medicine Lodge Road, eastern Idaho near Dubois. Summer 2016.

Attachments

• Day 4 Medicine Lodge moose 3.JPG
    Day 4 Medicine Lodge moose 3.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
Wild Turkey at Boise, Idaho, February 2018. Roosted overnight in my back yard oak tree. Merriam, Rio Grande, and Eastern sub-species were introduced in Idaho beginning in 1961. Now, over half are Rio Grande/Merriam hybrids. The hen pictured is probably a hybrid. There are various flocks in town - in parks, cemeteries, other friendly spots with trees where they can roost at night. We see them all over from time to time. Mainly in forested or brushy areas.

They've prospered around the state, and there's an annual hunting season. Good eating, but they are lean.

Attachments

• On front porch Super Bowl Sunday, 2-4-18.jpg
    On front porch Super Bowl Sunday, 2-4-18.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Turkey roosting 2-4-18.jpg
    Turkey roosting 2-4-18.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • Turkey1.JPG
    Turkey1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • Turkey4.JPG
    Turkey4.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
I got some nice shots of a fox and her kit coming out their den (pretty sure they evicted some groundhogs and took it over) last year. This is in Allegheny Cemetery, a 300 acre rural cemetery founded in 1844 smack in the middle of Pittsburgh. I live a few blocks away.

This is the mausoleum below the den. You can see the holes above.
Allegheny Cemetery 5520-16.JPG

Attachments

• Allegheny Cemetery 5520-3.MP4
    24.8 MB
Last edited:
To the right, groundhogs and osprey, to the left impending doom with banjo music.

IMG_0003.JPG

This was already posted in another thread

IMG_0002.JPG

Well, hello there. This nest is less than half a kilometre from the above nest. There are three within six kilometres

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

Attachments

• 200px-German_soldier_with_flamethrower_c1941.jpg
    200px-German_soldier_with_flamethrower_c1941.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back