Brian, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I fully understand how you must feel. Having met a few people in my time who have, for example, purported to be members of my former Regiment, I'm sure you will understand that this does not pass lightly when known to be false.
I appreciate your concerns and distress over this incident, but must clarify that, although I have 'known' Dan via this forum for some 18 months, I am not conversant with his past and, being British, and meaning no disrespect, have little knowledge of the courageous actions of U.S. airmen in the Pacific War, in the same way I wouldn't expect Americans to have detailed knowledge of British airmen in the European War.
I know little of the details of what has transpired, and therefore can only wait to see what, if anything, develops. I find it sad that a man has to hide behind fantasy and falsehoods, for whatever reasons .
Kind Regards,
Terence Fox.