1/24 Guillow's "Fairchild 24"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As mentioned in my previous post, I did get the top and side stringers on. The next move was to bend the landing gear wire to shape, then attach it to one of the uprights with thread. I used a whip-stitch, so I could control where the thread was going, then applied some glue. The landing gear wire as attached to a 1/16" sq. upright brace, and I must admit I would not have any faith in it in a hard landing. Next I install the rubber motor, then the tail wheel strut. After that I can install the bottom stringers.

Didn't get too much done, today, because it was a very nice day out, and I did things outside.

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0383.JPG
    DSCN0383.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN0385.JPG
    DSCN0385.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 199
It's progressing well Charles, and starting to look like an aircraft. reminds me of real aircraft, in the hangar during rep-covering.
BTW, what's this '60 degrees' and 'Spring'? It's gone cold again here, with hail storms! Even the Sea Gulls have traveled inland, so something's not right!

BTW, what's this '60 degrees' and 'Spring'? It's gone cold again here, with hail storms! Even the Sea Gulls have traveled inland, so something's not right!

Today's high was 65F, but it's rained all day. I even got three tomatoes planted yesterday, but that's fodder for another thread.

Just swapped plans on the "24". Going to start the tail ass'y tonight. Pic's later.....

Edit: Just finished the pin down of the rudder and stabilizer. I'm done for tonight, DWTS comes on in five minutes. Tomorrow I will sand and paint with clear dope.... weather permitting !

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0387.JPG
    DSCN0387.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Just finished the pin-down of the wings. Now all the parts have been constructed (except the landing gear/wing strut ass'y). I have lots of fine sanding to do and painting with clear dope. After 4 or 5 coats, I can start to cover. Bought the red and white wrapping tissue from the Hallmark store, will try the red on the tail ass'y first. Methinks it's going to be interesting !

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0389.JPG
    DSCN0389.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 158
Thanks Glenn. Just finished covering the rudder and stabilizer with the RED wrapping tissue. It's been spritzed with water and I am waiting for it to dry. Tomorrow I will give them a coat or two of the Johnson's Pledge, and see what happens. I tried this on something small before I tackle the fuselage and wings. Pic's tomorrow.....

Edit: Here's the pic's I promised. I think the tail ass'y came out real good. They have not been coated with Pledge, do that later. Also a clamp-up of the wings on the fuselage. Methinks the dihedral is exaggerated !

Now to paint the fuselage and wings with clear dope prior to covering......

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0390.JPG
    DSCN0390.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0391.JPG
    DSCN0391.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN0392.JPG
    DSCN0392.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited: