1/24 Guillow's "Fairchild 24"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's been much too long, since anything was done on the "24". I have just not been up to it. My doc put me on a new medication, Furosemide, and I think I have had every reported side effect, plus a few. I'm off the Furosemide, and the crap is pretty much out of my system, so I did a bit of modeling tonight. I've painted the wings with two coats of clear dope, and hope to get them covered tomorrow (Wed.) If I get er done, I'll post pic's tomorrow night.

Charles

With no fabric it looks like something from Miniscule, the animated series.
I've just found this thread Charles, unless I have posted and forgotten! Which could have happened more likely than not. Nice work.

Let's see; this is some wild stuff Charles. From Wiki.
Furosemide (INN/BAN[1]) or frusemide (former BAN) is a loop diuretic used in the treatment of congestive heart failure and edema. It is most commonly marketed by Sanofi under the brand name Lasix, and also under the brand name Frumex.[2] It has also been used to prevent Thoroughbred and Standardbred race horses from bleeding through the nose during races.

Along with some other diuretics, furosemide is also included on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned drug list due to its alleged use as a masking agent for other drugs.

Better hope the IOC doesn't run across your Dr's name.....

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather Charles, but good you're back at the model. ....and stay away from horse tracks for a while. :lol:

Guillows models have been a good build. The only problem with them is that if you crash them (the flyable models) they break easily compared to other models.

Looks really cool. :)

It's been much too long, since anything was done on the "24". I have just not been up to it. My doc put me on a new medication, Furosemide, and I think I have had every reported side effect, plus a few. I'm off the Furosemide, and the crap is pretty much out of my system, so I did a bit of modeling tonight. I've painted the wings with two coats of clear dope, and hope to get them covered tomorrow (Wed.) If I get er done, I'll post pic's tomorrow night.

Charles

I have heard of a few people who get sicker with the side effects then they are with the sickness they are trying to stop with the pills. I hope you get better.

Hopefully this message will remind you to post the pictures of your finished model here! Looking forward to seeing the results!

Hi Lads:
I noted that (among others) I have two of these Guillow's balsa/tissue models of the "Fairchild 24" in my stash, so I thought I would start one of them. My intentions are to do this one with red wings tail ass'y and a white fuselage. I'm going to purchase colored wrapping tissue from The Halmark Store, cover the aircraft with the tissue, then coat the tissue with Johnson's "Pledge". There will be no paint, except for surfaces like wings braces, landing gear struts, etc. As this is not entered into a GB, I can take my sweet time with this, and hopefully make a nice job of it. BTW, I'm told this is one of Eric Van Gilder's favorite aircraft !!

The plans are so big I am making Xerox copies of the sections I need for construction.

A bit of history on the "Fairchild 24": The Fairchild Model 24, is a four-seat, single-engine monoplane light transport aircraft that was used by the United States Army Air Corps as the UC-61 and by the Royal Air Force. The Model 24 was itself a development of previous Fairchild models and became a successful civil and military utility aircraft.

Charles
Sounds like a fun project. Anxious to see the finished aircraft. The "Fairchild 24" looks a lot like the "Curtis Robin" I made. It was the best flyer. Do you ever test fly any of your models or are they for display only?

Charles made them all for displaying only although all of them were airworthy. Unfortunately Charles passed away this year. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back