1:32 Hasegawa BF 109 G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
as said above, I'm almost at the end of this project.

Some pictures to update the w.i.p.
DSCN1256-vi.jpg
DSCN1255-vi.jpg

DSCN1257-vi.jpg
DSCN1259-vi.jpg

DSCN1260-vi.jpg
DSCN1261-vi.jpg

DSCN1263-vi.jpg

DSCN1268-vi.jpg
DSCN1269-vi.jpg

What do you think? I'm specially interested in your opinion on the oil leaks on the auxiliary tank, are them realistic or I should clean them off?
Last stem is the canopy; i'm still working on it.
Cheers
Alberto

Very nice so far, although I agree about the oil leaks. I think a slightly thinner version, gently blown across and then feathered with a fine brush, would replicate the appearance of the actual tank.

Really nice work what did you use for the exhaust staining, iam getting ready to start mine so your build is inspiring.

Really nice work what did you use for the exhaust staining, iam getting ready to start mine so your build is inspiring.

Hi Woody, thanks for your comments.

There are sevral ways to do exhaust stains but what I did is the following:

1st I did several passes with the airbrush loaded with brunt umber oil color very much diluted with enamel thinner. (Turpentine shoud be used with oil colors but the thinner works well as well) I suggest to wait a few minutes between airbrush passes.
2nd I did the chipping of the paint using acrylic aluminum applied with a #000 brush and/or a #4 brush cut very short (2-3 mm)
3rd I applied some MIG black smoke pigment, wetted with its solvent, using a small round brush. Before it became totally dry I shaded it using a dry "cotton-fioc"

Hope it will be of some help
Alberto

Just to add that the model was painted with acrylics including the two clear gloss coats before and after decals. This will permit to easily clean the enamel based stains if needed.

Last edited:
Hi,
here following are last pictures I took to my model:

First of all, I added the canopy

DSCN1278-vi.jpg
DSCN1273-vi.jpg

DSCN1271-vi.jpg
DSCN1279-vi.jpg

Then, as I was unhappy of the oil stains, I wanted to redo them but aftera few attempt that I judged still unsatisfactory, I decided to leave the auxiliary tank as it was before, dirty but with no stains.

DSCN1274-vi.jpg
DSCN1276-vi.jpg

I also have a question for modelers: so far I always used a very thin (1/10 of mm) nickel plated copper wire to do aerials but in this case it didn't worked well as I would like, because one support, the canopy, isn't strong enough to allow the right tensioning, what else can be used for aerials?

Many thanks in advance for any comment/suggestion.
Alberto

Hi Alberto,
I use thin fishing line. It comes in various diameters. I mount it fairly flimsy than light a match blow it out and hold it carfully thereunder and the line streches. Can be repeated to the desired effect. Warning! Too much can mean that you loose the radiomast. :!: Fishingline is strong!:!:

Hi Alberto,
I use thin fishing line. It comes in various diameters. I mount it fairly flimsy than light a match blow it out and hold it carfully thereunder and the line streches. Can be repeated to the desired effect. Warning! Too much can mean that you loose the radiomast. :!: Fishingline is strong!:!:

Many thanks,
I followed your suggestion: I used 0,16 mm fishing line that I painted black then I added insulators, here the photos:
DSCN1307-vi.jpg

DSCN1309-vi.jpg

DSCN1311-vi.jpg

It by sure much better then before.
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back