1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
Well this is my first WIP here i did get the eduard p.e. interior for this one this will be 1st attempt with p.e. so all suggestions are welcome thanks for looking in.

SANY3704.jpg

One of the biggest difference over the last 30 years is all the great aftermarket stuff and the resulting need for different glues. Back then you had a tube of styrene cement. I almost never use that anymore. For PE, you need to use Cyanoacrylate (CA) glue - same as the old "Crazy Glue". I use Tamiya Extra Thin liquid cement for most other work on the plastic stuff.

Okay i started on the I.P which is P.E. and got some (CA) glue things where going so so can some one tell me how to get my hand unstuck from my forehead :laughing8:

Last edited:
Instead of the P.E. thought i would try some wire and plumbing this what i started.
SANY3755.jpg

Removed the molded wire and fuel line
SANY3761.jpg

started cleaning off sidewall
SANY3759.jpg

does the fuel line look about the right size.

SANY3764.jpg

That's a nice looking kit Woody me old mate and looks a lot of fun with all that detail, like Andy says, take your time and for goodness sake stop banging your head with the glue pot.

Looks good so far Woody. If you want to be even more realistic, the middle of the section in the fuel hose that you left as supplied wi the kit was, in reality, clear so that the pilot could actuallysee the fuel flow. Easily done with a piece of clear stretched sprue.

Oh, and you should be able to get a debonder for CA glue at your local hobby store. Comes in a separate bottle and is good to have around for the stuck body parts.

The 1/32 scale becomes popular and popular. What it can be in a few years....??? Modellling of 1/1 scale I think....:lol:

Looking very nice , Woody. Keep working on. :)

As Crimea River pointed out about the fuelsight glass i decided to tryand remove oops took way to much and had to make new this is what i come up with whatdo you think.

after to much trimming
SANY3784.jpg

and after
SANY3789.jpg

Thanks for the input guys , well i sorta removed to much and need to replace it like oxygen lines etc. does anyone have a good picture of the starboard sidewall aint had much luck google searching but here is where i sit.

SANY3798.jpg

Here's a couple of pics, original source unknown. I should have some better ones in a couple of books somewhere.

Attachments

• Bf109G cpit 2.JPG
    Bf109G cpit 2.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 182
  • messerschmitt-bf109g10.jpg
    messerschmitt-bf109g10.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 174
Thank you for taking the time to posts those pics very helpful, iam in over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back