1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree. One thing on exhaust staining - if it's black, then the engine is running very rich, or burning a lot of oil, or damaged! This is evident in pics of belly-landed aircraft, where the staining can look heavy due to engine damage, compared to the same aircraft seen before crash-landing. Also, in pics of late-war Luftwaffe aircraft, over-run by the Allies, it may be that the engine has been run 'dry' (of oil) in a deliberate act to seize the engine, denying the enemy of a 'prize'. This would cause very heavy staining of course, the latter being easily confused, in some B&W pics, with shadow areas or heavy mottle.
Looks good on yours so far though.

Hi Woody,
Al49 is right. German aircraft produced a mess of staining. But you could leave them black. German fuel produced a lot of black grim.

Thank you guys for the nice conmments and helpful hints and input its been fun building this one i have picked up a lot of tricks from the forum glad i joined.

and as promised.....the blurry in flight photo of White 1

Attachments

• Hartmann White 1_3433.jpg
    Hartmann White 1_3433.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 80
Well as this one nears completion iam thinking i should replace my old airbrush its a badger 150 from the late 1970s. Here are a couple pics, the exhaust staining needs to be worked on i got to get the fill for it and it could of had more future applied.I sprayed the canopy RLM 66.
003-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

And one in old picture form.

002.jpg

Well guys finished adding tid bits but no antena wire because the wife always breaks them when moving and dusting will post pics in finished area.

Woody, The final product looks great. Very brave of you to go for a white finish, as camouflage can hide a multitude of errors whereas white would show the tiniest glitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back