1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well got some color on since iam doing this OOB as Kdr.l./JG53 Obit. Erich Hartmann it called for all upper surface flat white and lower RLM76 ,RLM04 for the yellow here is a couple pics boy is it bright looking.
SANY4047.jpg

and the lower surface.
SANY4054.jpg

Hartmann was only with I./JG53 for about a week before returning to JG52. He didn't want the job.

Hartmann was only with I./JG53 for about a week before returning to JG52. He didn't want the job.

That's why!
I was curious to see a picture of that bird dressed in white, so I did some searches on books I have in my hands, but I didn't found anything.
Of course, not too many pictures could have taken in a week.
Alberto

That's why!
I was curious to see a picture of that bird dressed in white, so I did some searches on books I have in my hands, but I didn't found anything.
Alberto

Amusingly Hartmann's replacement was Helmut Lipfert, also of JG52. He didn't want the job either!

Maybe they just didn't like the colour scheme of the 'Gustavs' !!!!

It was something of a poisoned chalice, the war was rapidly ending at that point and there was nothing to be gained from taking up a completely futile position. Hartmann and Lipfert would rather have stayed with their old unit. Except Lipfert got stuck with it while Hartmann had a little more clout and got reassigned.

It was rather like being promoted to Captain of the Titanic after it struck the iceberg.

Okay guys the one picture got to blame the wife she is amuzing sometimes. I didnt do much research on this aircraft thanks for the info. now i was wondering about the markings on the tail fin the swastika is boxed is this correct.

There are 2 pics of Hartmann's White G-6.....

Source : Magazine article somewhere in the cupboard...?

Attachments

• Hartmann_Bf109G-6b.JPG
    Hartmann_Bf109G-6b.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Hartmann_Bf109G-6a.JPG
    Hartmann_Bf109G-6a.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 124
That's why!
Alberto

I did a bit of further research and found he was with JG53 for 14 days, so two weeks in all. As for pictures - are there any of Hartmann with a G-14? I was under the impression the last few photos of his aircraft were of a G-10? Not that it would stop kit manufacturers though, what with all the K-4 Hartmann models you see.

I'm no expert on the man. Can anyone more enlightened comment?

I have a book on Hartmann, but unfortunately it's on my holiday house, not here in Milan. I should be there one of the next week-ends, I will bring it home and, probably, I will be able to give some contribution.
Alberto

I'm wracking my brains but it seems to me there was a very blurry picture of a white camo'd 109 of Hartmann's in flight in a book I have. Anywone can set me straight?

Thanks for the interesting discussion on this aircraft. All decals are on except the tailfin the tulip gave me a hard time a little touch up will fix it.
009.jpg

008.jpg

From Hannant's and made by Eagle Editions I found this: New Erich Hartmann Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 recently discover ed! This colorful aircraft was flown by Hartmann in Rumania when he achieved his 250th victory with 9./JG 52, 4 June 1944. On the Hartmann G-6, of special interest is the small Red number '2' inside the "Yellow 1" which is believed to be indicative of his back-up machine. Decals were produced based on stills taken from the original period film.

D*mn good work btw Woody! :thumbright:

Attachments

• EL32132-1.jpg
    EL32132-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 65
I'm wracking my brains but it seems to me there was a very blurry picture of a white camo'd 109 of Hartmann's in flight in a book I have. Anywone can set me straight?

I think the aircraft you are referring to is his White 1 + - will have to dig out that magazine...I think that picture is in this article too?

A little more done all decals are on started weathering Iam not to good at but will learn.
SANY4132.jpg

My attempt at exhaust staining i need more practice.
SANY4130.jpg

Hi Woody, just two quick tips.
1st, exhaust staining isn't just black, I normally base it on brunt umber and black
2nd, due to the different configuration of the shielding over exhaust pipes, staining was much wider on right side then on the left one. Have a look on pictures, for instance this one
exhaust2-vi.jpg

on your white bird this will be even more noticeable.
By the way, nice job so far.
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back