1/32 Heinkel 219 A-0 Revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Dana, how goes it? I sure do miss the Archives!

View attachment 621368

It's OK, though the writing and contract research have ground to a halt for more than a year. I've found odd jobs to make ends meet, but - beyond the financial difficulties - I miss the excitement of digging through the files and the enjoyment of being around other researchers. I'm not expecting much out of May, but I've got a good feeling about June. (Of course, I said exactly the same thing last year....)

Hope all is well on your end. See ya in June???

Cheers,

Dana

It's OK, though the writing and contract research have ground to a halt for more than a year. I've found odd jobs to make ends meet, but - beyond the financial difficulties - I miss the excitement of digging through the files and the enjoyment of being around other researchers. I'm not expecting much out of May, but I've got a good feeling about June. (Of course, I said exactly the same thing last year....)

Hope all is well on your end. See ya in June???

Cheers,

Dana

I wish I could be there in June. Currently living in Texas, one hell of a commute. :)

Hello again fellow modelers.

I wanted to show you all the first UHU Revell model I found and built around the late 70´s (if my mind serves me well.......:nailbiting:). Since then I have constructed several models of this kit as the years went by. But as someone said: "never as good as your first one......". This is the bow art found in the web:

2 fuselage a 00.jpg

I just find in the Heinkel 219 UHU design a certain allure, that the only way to describe it, is as poetry....

Then it was decided to proceed with the UHU version I liked the most, and it was decided that the A-0 with the early canopy was the chosen one. Later I found in the web this image with an unsusual (for me) UHU markings and cammo that I wanted to emulate:

2 fuselage 00.jpg

Then I had to find the exact version I wanted to construct, and found the following list with the serial numbers of the produced Uhu´s, with the charactheristics of each batch that will help me decide the version I want to present for this kite:
2 fuselage 001.jpg

Back to the kite advance......

First the union of the cockpit to the left half of the fuselage, with the crew already located, but not finished:
2 fuselage 01.jpg

Then finally the fuselage halves glued:

2 fuselage 03.jpg

Where the only detail found so far, was the nose of the kite, where it presented an openeing that had to be filled with putty:

2 fuselage 02.jpg

The top fuselage was locatred where it was also decided that this kit will present the upward Schrage musik system, meaning that two of the belly cannons will have to be deleted.

2 fuselage 04.jpg

And the sanding works in the rear fuselage halfs presented some detailing

2 fuselage 05.jpg

Primer works in process.....

2 fuselage 06.jpg

2 fuselage 07.jpg

2 fuselage 08.jpg

2 fuselage 08a.jpg

Then the fuselage was primed in a deep gray color (almost black) in order to accuse the details that has to be addressed... presenting the union nwith the wings for the first time...

2 fuselage 07a.jpg

The some weight had to be applied to the engines, nonetheless that the kite will be finally in a flight display.

2 fuselage 09.jpg

2 fuselage 10.jpg

Then the detail works in the wings, mainly in the upper hatches along with its missing latches due to the sanding works. Tghe latches were reproduced with a metalized plastic.

2 fuselage 11.jpg

2 fuselage 12.jpg

The on the lower surfaces in the engine cowlings.....

2 fuselage 13.jpg

Hope you liked the advance and see you soon my fellow modelers.

Kalakan

Thank you for your kind words guys, and indeed Im quite satisfied with the results so far.

Indeed its a large kite. It presents a wingspan of 22.5" in lenght.

I have to figure out where the final display will be located.........:-k

DSC01705 corte de fotos hasta may01.JPG

BTW, here is an image of my two assistants that love to have me around @ home smelling each part of the kite in order to approve whether if it is finally located or not.....

DSC01720.JPG

Enjoy your weekend guys......

Kalakan

Good afternoon guys:

After the work reactivation in this area, I could finally continue to present some work in the UHU.

First the detailing in the rudder controls that in several images it is shown that at least in these surfaces, the rivets were more clearly seen below the paint works.

DSC01710.JPG

Then it was proceed to detail the fuselage panel lines as seen in this image before the final primer paint works.....

DSC01711.JPG

Image of the canopy masking works....

DSC01712.JPG

Then a moment of revelation came to mind when I was about to continue installing with the late canopy form, and it was decided that the early type was more suitable for the project at hand. Guess I love that early design. Maybe someday I´ll work on another of the late UHU designs in this scale... For this reason, two of the belly openings were closed and the upper schrage gun ports were opened.

DSC01716.JPG

Then the final RLM 76 paint works were applied in the overall fuselage with some RLM 75 spots in the upper surfaces were applied, first with the airbrush and then detailed with an Molotov acrillic marker that presents several tips in order to emulate a "cloudy" application seen in the UHU´s early versions.

DSC01717.JPG

DSC01719.JPG

DSC01721.JPG

DSC01726.JPG

Then the detailing of the canopy parts against the recently painted surfaces began.....
DSC01729.JPG

DSC01739.JPG

Then, after the paint works were over, the post shading works were initiated in the surfaces...
DSC01741.JPG

DSC01742.JPG

Feel´s good to be back guys...... see you soon.

Kalakan

Interesting technique on the RLM 75 blotches. I hope your Bordfunker's helmet will allow the canopy to sit down. Looking very good.

Last edited:
Interesting technique on the RLM 75 blotches. I hope your Bordfunker's helmet will allow the canopy to sit down. Looking very good.
Thank you for you kind words Crimea.

Indeed its a close fit, but I had a chat with this little guy and told him that if he´s not seated and behaved properly, I´d dress him with earings and nails painted in red as well......:relaxed:

Best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back