1/32 Heinkel 219 A-0 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello again my friends. After being busy at work, I've been working on the kite only at night when I can. But advance has been achieved so far in the weathering effects.

I want to present this kite as a A-0 version, that found its way till the end, presenting the inherent weathering in its surface as can be appreciated in the next images:

Here the kite was assembled in order to weather and stain the upper surfaces where the mechanics work in the engines, as well as in the ammo deposits. This finish was obtained using the Tamiya Brown Panel Line accent color, as well with washes, oils and pencil colors

DSC01761.JPG

So far the pilot and bord funker has behaves well and in fact was a closed fit, and all the desired details are visible even though with a closed cabin as you will see...

DSC01765.JPG

I just love the look of this kite...

DSC01767.JPG

DSC01768.JPG

DSC01772.JPG

Some sanding has to be applied in the cockpit frame...
DSC01773.JPG

DSC01774.JPG

DSC01775.JPG

That's all for this week and hope that during this weekend I can finally glue the wings to the fuselage in order to proceed to construct the final transparent display. Any thoughts my friends?

Have a nice one and best regards.

Kalakan

Gorgeous work. In observing great detailing of the crew uniforms, etc, while they look thick, they don't appear to have the same well-insulated bulkiness of the heavy leather and lambswool flight suits used by B-17 crewmen to endure the sub-zero temperatures at mission altitudes. Was the He-219 cockpit well-heated, and/or were their flight suits heated? I'm assuming the He-219's had to operated at WW2 high altitude.

I recall my uncle's B-17 flight boots as being the biggest, bulkiest footwear I've ever seen.

Well done, excellent model.

I'm going to make some comments about the pilot that you may have not known when building. (Not criticizing.)

The double "V" Chevron on the left sleeve is for an Obergefreiter (Airman/Private First Class) who wouldn't have been a pilot.

The red collar tabs were used by artillery or Flak troops. Yellow collar tabs were for Flight.

The flight helmet typically worn by late war fighter pilots was the LKp-N101 which was a brown net material.

Also available and used more early war were the LKp-W101 (Winter) and the -S101 (Summer).

Attachments

• DSC01765.JPG
    DSC01765.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 30
Gorgeous work. In observing great detailing of the crew uniforms, etc, while they look thick, they don't appear to have the same well-insulated bulkiness of the heavy leather and lambswool flight suits used by B-17 crewmen to endure the sub-zero temperatures at mission altitudes. Was the He-219 cockpit well-heated, and/or were their flight suits heated? I'm assuming the He-219's had to operated at WW2 high altitude.

I recall my uncle's B-17 flight boots as being the biggest, bulkiest footwear I've ever seen.
Keeping the small sealed off cockpit of the He-219 warm was a bit easier than a drafty bomber. Additionally the Luftwaffe did have electrically wired flight suits that heated the boots and gloves when worn.

No doubt the considerable heat loss difference between the tightly confined He-219 and a cavernous, open-windowed B-17. Good point. And the advantage of electrically heated flight clothing. My motorcycle riding buddies have electrically heated vests and gloves. I've not taken the plunge yet.
Thanks for responding.

Greetings again my fellow modelers.

I´ve been quite busy at work lately due to the year´s end in the construction business, but still I'd to find some time to finish the UHU project!

I also wanted to display the NjG 1 emblem in a different manner, so it was decided to work with it with a different perspective and present it with the eagle and the red flash in a different perspective with volume. This made in foam and styrene as can be appreciated in the following pics......

z prox 09.jpg
z prox 010.jpg

NjG 1.jpg

Also the main base (that took me quite a while to prepare), had to be quite heavy in order to support this finished fat bird. This base is made of a material used in several preconstructed roofs and also to make doors called Multipanel (it's a sandwich of two metal plaques with the inner crust of high density foam).

Also the transparent base for the kite had to present a design in order to enhance the slim figures of the displayed bird. The main issue here was the connection point between the acrylic base and the fuselage (keeping in mind that the kite can be removed as desired in any given time). So I found a paper clip that both secure the plane to this base, and can also detach it in a secure way in order to avoid damaging the paint works.
z prox 08.jpg

And now, with the images of the finished kite (at last but not least):
UHU dec 1.jpg

UHU dec 5.jpg

UHU dec 7.jpg

UHU dec 8.jpg

UHU dec 10.jpg

UHU nov 30 6aa.jpg

UHU nov 30 17a.jpg

UHU nov 30 19a.jpg

Oh Boy, the construction of this kite was quite fun, and as several people has mentioned in several posts, trial and error, but don´t quit even if it´s taking to long......

Any comments will be appreciated. And I love this words: "Finished Model!!!! ........ NEXT one..."

Happy holidays my friends and best regards from Monterrey...........

Kalakan:salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back