1/32 IL-2M3 Sturmovik - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

THX guys. :)

Do you know what the PBP-1b standed for ?

Oficaially, it standed for " Пикирующий. Бомбардировочный, Прицел " what is translated as " a diving bomber bombsight".
Infornally, it standed for " Прицел Бийоть Пилотa один раз " - a sight hits pilot once.

smiles....

Thanks guys I have done a lot of reading and searching online and geez it can be very confusing but I will spray the cockpit and I.P. neutral gray, the wheel wells and landing gear iam not sure yet as far as the engine well a couple of choices. I have started to glue some parts like the engine.

Thanks for the info Wojtek. Still don't quite get how it works but it sure cleared up a lot in my mind.

Look at the diagram. It's a quite brief attempt to explain the way of attack. Mostly it is said Sturmoviks attacked diving. But it is not true. At the 50-200m of altitude, the time for diving wasn't too long and required bombs with the delayed ignition. During the time a target ( a tank e.g... ) could change its location and it wasn't easy to strike it at all. So the main way of attcking was bombing when flying horizontally or shallow diving. These lines were for altitude of an attack at 50m,100m,200m and 300m. Flying at 50m and keeping a proper speed , a pilot was looking at the line ( the first line just for 50m ) and when a target was pointed by the line endings he started to count for a few seconds then was dropping bombs. And that's all. I hope it helps.

il atak.jpg

Here is some of the parts I have started on.

009-3_zpsbee829fe.jpg

I added the dividers on the intake I think its correct.

010-2_zps6738e462.jpg

Thanks guys, time to get started on the cockpit Geo sent me some good pictures I will try to add some details here is what iam starting with.

004-22_zps51657be2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back