1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beautiful work. Funy the things we zero in on, but for me its the crisp lines between the red tail and the dapple finish. The curve around the tail is faultlessly smooth.

Nice work, real nice

Geez guys,

What can I say. I really wish to thank you all for your comments. They mean a lot to me and I am glad I could offer up a subject one doesn't see to often.

Parsifal,

Thank you. Trying to demonstrate some attention to detail on this build. It's my first 1/32 scale Aircraft and I really want to try and put my best foot forward out of the gate. I think it will help improve my skills going forward.

Last edited:
Here's an in progress update.

Excuse me if the Pictures are not top notch they were taken with my Iphone. The stripes are not complete as I have do some touch ups such as extending the blue striping to the tail and extendng the white stripe to the rudder. I also painted the prop Mr. Color Propeller brown. I will add a flat coat to protect the decals (yep I used decals for the stripes not paint not experienced enough to try this very difficult task free hand, one slight error in thickness and positioning/leveling with the airframe as it runs its length would ruin the camo job) then paint the touch ups.

Some of the touch ups I want to do are some minor things like below.

Last edited:
Thanks All.Things have been moving a bit slower than I would have liked. Family get togethers, time at the cottage and work have been eating up my time. I hope to get some bench time this week and will post some more pics of my progress soon.

Dave.

Thanks Guys,

Yes, summers are short here in Canada so must of us Canadians try and make the most of it and try and spend some time outside working in the yard, barbecuing, spending time with family and friends and if your lucky enough time at the cottage, boating, swimming, fishing. drinking, eating, and of course more drinking.

At any rate here are some progress shots.

I put a wash on the starboard side of the aircraft. This toned down the colours and gave the NMF and bit more of a worn look.

I also got the tire markings on the landing gear tires.

Users who are viewing this thread