1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Shinpachi, thats some cool stuff...you cleared up some of the translation problems I was having with a similar "blue print".

You are welcome, proton 45.
Frankly, I have been thinking the same diagram as post #83 could be of Ki-45 as I found it in the Ki-79 manual but the manual was binded together with Ki-45 equipments manual.

It is possible. I found the diagram while looking for details of the oxygen system for the Ki-61 and it was stated it was for the kite as memo serves. However it seems that the stuff was almost the same for many Japanese WW2 planes though. So despite of the difference in the inner structure of the fuselage body we can assume the Hien had it as it is showed in the diagram plus the oxygen regulator and proper indicators. Of course I mean the oxygen stuff at the cockpit area .

Sorry Wurger if I may have placed in confusion :)
What I was telling was Ki-61 had no Emergency Valve for Auto Regulator Controller.
Hope you not take it so seriously :)
Thanks!

Shinpachi,

All is OK. Just It's my fault. I didn't grasp it properly. You are right there isn't the valve in these diagrams for Ki-61. But what is the second one seen in the second, enlarged pic of the post #83?

Hi Guys,

So, I made a start on the Ki-61 cockpit.

My initial work involves the Cockpit right side.

Here a couple of shots of my work using varying thicknesses of lead wire for the wiring, oxygen mask using the spring method, and various pieces of plastic rod and card and lead foil.
I used lead foil for the connection between the oxygen hose and the regulator which was made from plastic card. The securing brackets on either side of the regulator area also made from lead foil as are the brackets for the electrical wiring. The equipment bag was made from epoxy sculpt. I first formed the bag and when satisfied I then made the flap for the bag and laid it over top. So it is actually two pieces. The oxygen hose was dipped in Mr. Surfacer 500 and wiped down to fill in some of the gaps in the winding as I wanted it to look more like a hose than a spring.

IMG_0541a600.JPG

IMG_0543a700.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work, Totalize! :shock: It's unbelievably brilliant :shock:

Shinpachi,

All is OK. Just It's my fault. I didn't grasp it properly. You are right there isn't the valve in these diagrams for Ki-61. But what is the second one seen in the second, enlarged pic of the post #83?

The Oxygen Control indexed as No. 24 is same valve as the On-off Valve of Ki-61 manual.
Diagram for the Ki-100 is more understandable. Gas flows in order of Nos.24, 13, 1214 to the mask. Oxygen quantity can be read as pressure on No. 13.

Ki-100_cockpit_02R.JPG

Nice work, Totalize! :shock: It's unbelievably brilliant :shock:

The Oxygen Control indexed as No. 24 is same valve as the On-off Valve of Ki-61 manual.
Diagram for the Ki-100 is more understandable. Gas flows in order of Nos.24, 13, 1214 to the mask. Oxygen quantity can be read as pressure on No. 13.

View attachment 256200

All is clear now. THX. :D

And I agree on Totalize's work above. :thumbright:

Thanks guys,

Andy, I found the lead wire to be the best as you can bend it in a very tightly very easily because it is so soft. The only downside is it breaks very easily. I added the brass regulator lines as seen above in Shinpachi's post of a KI-100 and one of them required an almost 90 deg bend. No way I could bend brass or coppoer wire that tightly and get it to fit exactly the way I want as easily as lead wire.

Dave.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back