<-- 1/32 Mosquito FB VI - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
First name: Cory
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Model Type: Mosquito FB VI
Aftermarket addons: Aviaeology Decals, Master Gun Barrels, and RB Productions Belts

I will be doing HR147 "Hairless Joe" flown by Wing Commander Russell Bannock and Flight Officer Robert Bruce of 418 Squadron, RCAF "City of Edmonton", an Intruder squadron. 418 was the highest scoring squadron in the RCAF during the war, with W/C Bannock of Edmonton, Alberta scoring 11 aircraft kills (2 on the ground), 4 damaged and 19.5 V-1 kills, on one mission shooting down four V-1s in an hour. He is still alive, I believe he now lives in Ontario and is 96. I do not know Robert Bruce's status.

337842.jpg

If this thread looks familiar, it's because it's the same as my non-started Allied Advance build. I won't be able to paint this inside but it MAY be warm enough in March to paint the exterior. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Cory.
I'll be joining you soon, with a 1/48th Mosquito NF.XII, converted from the Tamiya FB.VI kit - just waiting for it, and the resin 'thimble' nose, to arrive.
I might also do a Mosquito FB.VI and / or PR.IX.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to yours Terry!

Great subject, I am assuming you seen this link.

DH Mosquito FBVI Walk Around

And yes, I have seen that aircraft many times. Unfortunately, it's a Franken-Mosquito of sorts as it was actually a bomber variant but had the nose converted to be that of a fighter.

Supposed to be warm all week Cory. If you hurry......

Russ Bannock is still alive and well at 97. Two years ago, he sat for an interview as part of our Mossie restoration video series:

Last edited:
fantastic choose cory i love this plane....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back