1/32 P-47D - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From what I can see the engine looks great. Cockpit side walls look ok though maybe a bit basic for this scale. Maybe you can dress it up a bit with some hydr. or ox lines. I've got a lot of interior pics if you want them.

If you could Glenn anything helps I have some from Aeroscale book but Trump's kit seems to be a mixture of a D and an M.

The cockpit of the D-30 thru the M were pretty much the same. The big change came between the D-28 and D-30 with a complete re-design of the control panel and floor and a different layout to the breaker/switch box.
Can you show a picture of the kit control panel and floor?

Here's views of The P-47D-40 in the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio.

The D-30 and the D-40 had basically the same cockpit. The only difference I can think of is that the D-30 had solid type rudder pedals wile the D-40 had the framework type shown here like the P-47M so you should be able to use these photos for the D-30 your building.

It does look like it was repainted at some time. The overall color should be the bronze green you used for your sidewalls already with black control panel and sub panels and circuit breaker box.

p-47 cockpit AFM 11.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 9.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 8.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 22.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 7.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 21.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 19.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 4.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 14.jpg
p-47 cockpit AFM 20.jpg
in Dayton Ohio. The D-30 and the D-40 had basically the same cockpit. The only difference I can think of is that the D-30 had solid type rudder pedals wile the D-40 had the framework type shown here like the P-47M so you should be able to use these photos for the D-30 your building.
It does look like it was repainted at some time. The overall color should be the bronze green you used for your sidewalls already with black control panel and sub panels and circuit breaker box.

That looks like Trump's representation Glenn and sorry for the slow response,LIFE!I have a sidewall pick.So can one assume a D-40 be an early dorsal?

DSC03755 (900 x 675).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The D-30, D-40 and M all had the small dorsal fin Some earlier models were retrofitted with it in the field.

That control panel is sort of a Hybrid. The shape is of the D-30 and later wile the instrument layout is that of the D-28 or earlier. The rudder pedals are from a D-40 or M. It should look fine for a D-30 of 40 once in the cockpit as I think the shape is the most recognizable part of it.

Something else to watch out for that is noticeable especially if you pose the canopy open is the floor. The D-28 and earlier had a corrugated floor wile the D-30 and later had a flat floor, or rather not corrugated as it was on several levels, Which ever type of floor the model has it as easy to modify it to the opposite types by either gluing on plastic card to turn an early type floor to the later type of adding thin strips to a later type floor to change it to an earlier type. If you need to do this let be know as I have some good photos of both types of floors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back