1/32 P-47D - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have not been totally idle but progress is slow .I have the right wing almost ready to attach there will be some filling though only on the lower fuse.The wheel have been slightly washed and have to finish the gun bay only one will be open and that being the best out of the two ;)
DSC03866.JPG
DSC03867.JPG

I think I am about to pull a Wayne and Andy and not hit the deadline but that's OK .I really want to do a decent job on these and as you can see the L/bay will be the open one.The wings are attached and the filler goes in later tonight or tomorrow I use the red body filler with Acetone as the remover.I am going to see how hard to make but contemplating making the square boxes with solenoids for the left side of the guns with the attached wire :dontknow:
DSC03868.JPG
DSC03868.JPG
DSC03869.JPG

Nice work Kevin. Did this aircraft have 'naked' gun cooling jackets ?
(I've seen a couple of pics of late war P-47s showing the perforated jackets)
The barrels were normally the heavy, stainless steel jacket blast tube type.

Nice work Kevin. Did this aircraft have 'naked' gun cooling jackets ?
(I've seen a couple of pics of late war P-47s showing the perforated jackets)
The barrels were normally the heavy, stainless steel jacket blast tube type.
I think I might of used the wrong one's fellas because when I went back to the Hase kit all that was supplied was the stainless one's.So I wonder it's really to late at this juncture.

The gun receivers could be left in the gun bays, and the barrels removed, and replaced with the stainless versions.
It might mean cutting of the perforated barrel jackets, and drilling into their remains, in order to fit the 'plain' barrels in their place.

I would use some of putty for filng of the perforation of the barrel jackets. Then some sanding for getting the surface of the stainless one's and painting with the steel colour.

Both suggestions have their merits.Terry their is one barrel the longest I would not be able to snip for it is under the wing and a drill needs a flat surface.Wojtek I just do not want take that chance of breaking something my Goof!Well pics of the charge boxes .025" strip,brass rod .020"OD X .010"ID with a .010" through the middle.I drilled the plastic strip with a .010" bit ran the wire trough rod(solenoid)and beyond the rod and super glued into the strip.I then cut the strip to the desired length
DSC03870.JPG
DSC03871.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back