1/32 P-51d man o' war

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps,
Once I've put the drop tanks on and other odds and sods left to do I will take a better picture outside in natural light, as indoor pictures tend to effect the colours somewhat.
:)

Well now she's done, here's a few pics.
Unfortunately the weather outside is a bit naff so I resorted to take them indoors, nevermind eh.:)

Attachments

• DSCF2449.JPG
    DSCF2449.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF2452.JPG
    DSCF2452.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF2453.JPG
    DSCF2453.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 82
Looks great!

Guys, I'm a little confused, the real flying P-51D Man O War has darker green on the wings BUT every model representation I've seen of it is lighter.

Here's a picture I grabbed off the net. Unless when It was restored (If it was) they did it wrong

Attachments

• Man O War.jpg
    Man O War.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 71
I don't know the shade either as I can only find a single war time picture of this aircraft and the green does appear dark.
I based the colour on the basis that a OD type green would be used as it would be easy to obtain.

Attachments

• kinnardp.jpg
    kinnardp.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 114
I would say the stripes would be the same OD as the anti dazzle panel. The como scheme was only used for a brief period anyway as Kinnard kept getting bounced by other P51s mistaking him for an enemy AC. As by this time most USAF AC were NMF.
Nice build BTW.

Kinnard's 'top scheme's were all standard OD at the 355th FG. Suspect that the 'wave's on the wing and fuselage were the same as his OD anti glare panel but I will look for a color photo

Thanks Night Fighter Nut, it was a bit of a challenge what with fit and detail issues.
Anyway on to the next, the ICM 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX which will be done in the kit markings of WgCdr Johnnie Johnson since I did an oil painting of it for a friend of mine who has emigrated to Canada.
:)

Nice! I just finished that kit for the Commonwealth GB. A few things to watch for during the build but it turns out a nice model in the end.

Any pictures of your painting?

I know it's been a while but I just received a photo of my Spitfire painting I did for a friend of mine who has just moved to Canada.
I know it's not great but I'm really only good at monochrome pencil drawings, so I'm still practising.

Attachments

• Aquata paint.jpg
    Aquata paint.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back