1/32 Revell BF-110 G4 WIP (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very long ago we did with a friend to order the model - had to work hard. Cockpit is not particularly worked through, the main attention to the color.
Good luck in your work!

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 198
Hello everyone.

Here are the new images of the slow advance that the Bf-110 sports till today.... Hope you like it......

Here it is visible the new plastic strips located to bond the engine radiators to the wing......

base para aviones..jpg

base para aviones B.jpg

Here´s how the radiator looks almost finished before being installed...
base para aviones A.jpg

It was located RLM 76 as base for the in and outlets (with some additional pipings) and the location of the braces that controls and fixes in place the outer body of each radiator...

Then after pondering if on this kite should the external 300lts tanks should be installed, due that almost all the BF-110g´s in 1944 used this external tanks. (it would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me to clarify if the R7 conversion was applied to all its BF-110 nachtjagers?).

I then decided to make my own gasoline tanks with several materials, based in some 1:48 pieces that were not used in an early Bf-109 K. Sadly this Revell model did not included any of this external gas tanks.
In order to conform this gas tanks it was used from plastic putty to soap. (Yes, soap. Some years ago I modeled several 1:72 figures for a office building model and so far this figures had withstand the heat and the cold from this region). So I decided to give it a try.

Here are some images of the soap intent....
base para aviones C.jpg

Then began the process of removing material and adding some more....
base para aviones D.jpg

base para aviones E.jpg

Then the prime works in order to begin with the suface finishes along with some punches here and there....
base para aviones F.jpg

And finally the two guilty ones that dont let me advance the way I would like..... Lolo and Moka.
base para aviones G.jpg

Hello everyone, and thanks for your kind responses.

Here are attached more images of the advance made during this week of relaxation in my country. My idea is to begin the fuselage paint works during this day after some ponderation if the main antennas will be placed before of after the main painting.

It was then decided to advance without the main radar antennas for the time being and proceed with the rest of antennas that are found elsewhere in the main body and wings of the plane.

Then also after continuing to press for advance with the main external tanks it was decided to leave them for the end after the kite is almost finished due to the time that consumes preparing the fixing points as well as the main struts to locate this tanks. Here are some images of this advance with the welding points below the fixing plates.
tanks01.jpg

Then the advance with the plates that receives the struts (with some cables pretending to be the bolts that join this plates with the tank body).
tanks02.jpg

Then this is how the tanks looks without the priming paint and the metallic belts.
tanks03.jpg

Then the advance with the fixing points (and the gas lines) to receive the tanks in the wings
tanks04.jpg

Then an image of the shell shute infront of the nose
shell shute01.jpg

Then an image of the ventilation hatch (that actually opens and closes at will).....
vent01.jpg

Then some images of the fuselage ILS and the wing Fug 101 antennas. It it worth mentioning that it is incredible the oversize width of the model original pieces, so these HAD to be substituted......
antena03.jpg

It caught my attention that the Hendon kite presents only to fixing points rather that the usual three points than most of the photographed Bf-110G´s seen elsewhere. Can someone has any information regarding this change?
antena02.jpg

Hello again. So finally its time to begin with the paint works. Here are some images of the advance made son far during this weekend.
First I wanted to show the welding seams in the engine exhausts and begin presenting some thin sewing thread, and also presented a makeshift landing light (that after finding out that this piece will not need any detail due to the distortion of the original transparent cover). Maybe this will be changed along with the entire light cover.......

wings01.jpg

Then the complete paint work in black to the lower surfaces and some paint to the lateral fuselage as well. Also the location works of the different communication antennas and rudders were performed....
fuselage 03.jpg

Also the openings for the instrument gauges in each nacelle were made....
fuselage 07.jpg

Then after pondering for a while, I decided that it was time to apply some weathering in the undersurfaces, just for the kick of it.... I love the view of these kites that in most cases looks like mean machines, and also has to be weathered based on the fact that they flew intercept missions in all weather (mud, ice, hail, etc).....
fuselage 06.jpg

Than ot was applied the dark base colour in the areas where the rivets are found....
fuselage 08.jpg

And then the beginning of the masking works in the cabin prior to the main paint works in the upper fuselage....
cabin01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back