1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Andy, Gnomey, David, Darryl, Wurger and Scipio for checking in on the build's progress. And Ian, thanks for the 'Like'. I've been assembling away, as I want to get as many pieces together as needed to finish these sections before I give everything a basic coat of paint. Then I can work on detailing and positioning.

(A) is a section I almost missed. It's flooring for the bomb aimer's section which I had somehow not seen before. I came across it when looking for something else as it was completely out of sequence. Just as well. as it would have been a nightmare to install if the rest of the equipment had gone in first. (B) is the guide rail down to the nose section which has been assembled. (C) is the bomb aimer's padded rest pad, when in a prone position. (D) is the camera and camera supports. The camera has had some additional detailing added.

These are the bomb aimer's consoles. (A) are the consoles for the starboard wall. The bomb selector console consists of six parts. Just some small details added but they seem reasonably accurate. (B) are the consoles for the port wall. There is a printed instrument decal that should show through the cut outs. The thin panel is a side panel for B. When painted and cabled they should look quite realistic. They're going to be a bu**er to position, though. Looking at reference photos, there are probably some other small boxes to be added to fill it out.

This is the bomb sight. Very fiddly to assemble from six parts but should look reasonably realistic when painted.

A bit of metal filing of the rough edges, then I should be able to paint and start positioning.

That's about it for now,

Cheers,

Gerry

Last edited:
Ian, normally the sextant was stored in its transit case by the nav table, to avoid damage, and was mounted on the bar in the astro dome only when required.

Users who are viewing this thread