1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B*gg*r - it's taking its time. Only took four days for a kit to arrive from David in Oz ! The straps should be visible in at least one pic or cockpit drawing on the CD. Let me know when CD arrives, as I'll chase it up with Post Office if delayed further.

Just registered the 'silver' frame Wayne. This one was normally (depending on Mark and time-line) in cockpit grey-green also, with everything aft of it in 'aluminium' paint or bare metal. Again, there should be photos to confirm or otherwise on the CD.

No poking intended Bruce - only just spotted this bit, and I'm sure Wayne would rather be told - bear in mind that this is his first 'Spit', so no 'experience' of the type and its layout before.
Knowing Wayne's absolute attention to detail, I'd rather be chastised for nit-picking, than see Wayne be narked at getting things incorrect - especially if it cost points in a competition at some future date. Also, with this particular kit, where everything is as accurate as possible to the last degree, it deserves to be built and finished equally so, and areas such as this can make the difference between a great model, and a really superb model.
If situations were reversed, and I was building, for example, an 'Oscar', with little or no experience or knowledge of the type, then I would expect, and welcome, similar guidance from Wayne.
That's what this 'band of brothers' in this forum is all about, and long shall it remain so.
And I still think that green is too green - cough !!

Andy, as mentioned, the frame was sometimes seen in bare aluminium, or painted 'aluminium' silver, but more often appeared in green, if only on the upper section. I've seen examples where the green extends down to the level of the cockpit sill, then painted in 'aluminium' below this, and some overall green. One of those cases of photos of the actual aircraft giving the answer.
With Wayne's model being a later variant, there is more chance it would be bare metal or aluminium paint, but better to check first if possible. If no evidence of it being green, then leave it 'silver'.

I would think that, in the interests of "non-reflecting", at least the top part would be interior green, although as I write this it occurs to me that they are under shiny perspex anyways.

little bit more done in the cockpit....some more "wiring" added to the control stick and to the side panel, these will need to fit through the instrument panel section so some careful alignment will be necessary when it all comes together.....

Attachments

• 104_Control Column_1271.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 105_Control Column_1280.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 106_Stbd wiring_1274.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread