1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys,

Continuing on....Added the forward sections to the wing roots and assembled and fitted the tail wheel assembly.

Attachments

• 137_Forward wing insert_1692.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 138_Forward wing insert_1695.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 139_Tail Wheel assy_1699.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 79
  • 140_Tail Wheel Assy fitted_1702.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 75
OK, now that's interesting. For my Mk VIII, I was trying to find photo evidence of the small hole on the right wing root but to no avail - until now. Is this the gun camera opening?

Good stuff Wayne. Does the engine go in before or after painting the model?

Seen some done without being in place and some with, will decide how I will do it soon...I will only be making the side panels detachable so may well fix everything else in place for the painting.

thanks for that confirmation picture Andy!

I am noticing something in the photo of the tail wheel. The panel lines don;t match up from the tail section to the fuselage, should they? And should that line around the tail section join show?

You must take great care in prepping for the photos, soooo clean. loveit.

While researching my Mk IX, I discovered that there were possible holes on both the wing roots, port side for a fuel cooler, and starboard for a gun camera. Now the truly strange part is, sometimes the cooler was removed and a camera was put in its place, and the other hole was faired over, so it comes down to research on that particular craft.

Well the panel lines don't actually line up must be how they are as there is no way to misalign the parts and that line around the tail is just the angle of the photo, it's a nice clean join.

Yeah, I knew that about the IX but every picture I had seen of VIIIs had no opening in the port wing so I left it off both wing roots. Thanks, Andy, for that picture. I will now add the hole to my Mk VIII!

Users who are viewing this thread