1/48 A-20 G/J Havoc - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Donivanp

Captain
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
1/48 A-20 G/J Havoc - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.
Username: Donivanp
First name: Don
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Revell (old AMT/ERTL
Model Type: Douglas A-20 (Boston III)
Aftermarket addons: AeroMaster Decals.

Attachments

• B-1.JPG
    B-1.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 161
Using the AreoMaster "Havoc Collection Pt. II aircraft "B" Boston III of 342nd Lorraine Squadron, Hartford Bridge, June 1944.

Attachments

• B-2.JPG
    B-2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 162
Good one Don.
I'm a bit dubious about that Dk Green/Ocean Grey camouflage - initial deliveries of the Boston to the RAF were in Dk Green/Dk Earth/Sky, with later airframes (around the time of D-Day) in Olive Drab/Neutral Gray. I've got some film-footage on DVD, showing this Squadron's return to France after D-Day, so I'll check it out.
Also, note that the Boston III had the glazed nose, and open rear gunner's position (the rear section of the canopy slid back, under the front section), and not the later powered turret as shown on your kit box art - unless the kit has alternative parts ?

Sounds good Terry, The kit does a G/J and I think your right. The Kit decals will do an RAF Boston IV April 44 so I guess that will be the bird instead. Good Catch. That one is OD over NG as stated with dark green edges to the wing and tail leading and trailing edges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back