1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Trey, I did at first to but it took longer to cut the tape to width than it did to do the rest for the stripes. I have been working on panel lines since I got the strips done. I'm going crazy.

I'm trying to pull one of Waynes extra bit of detail tricks by running along the panel lines with a HB pencil lead. It gives them a little better definition but I'm finding that in the green they don't show up regardless so we're just working the white and grey fields.

Aaron, the panel lines in the green will probably show up once a matt clear coat is applied. This is sometimes why panel lines turn out a touch too heavy, as the modeller thinks they can't be seen, repeats the pencil work then, when clear coated - oh dear!
A little trick to check, lick your finger tip and dampen the area where the pencilled lines are. This gives the effect of the clear coat, and is a rough indication of how well they will show up.

Thank you for the heads up Terry. I will go over the rest of the green that has not been done. I haven't retraced any yet I don't think but this is rough on the eyes as mine don't like the magnifying glass. after about 20 or 30 minutes I have a WONDERFUL headache, I know, I know, with a head like this it ought to hurt.

OK, here is a little of the progress so far. I've been working on the fuselage a lot, an eraser is your friend. These lines are a lot fainter and are harder to do. Tips are most welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4831 resized 20.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4830 resized 20.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 121
Thank you Glenn, I'm not done yet. Still working between the fuselage and the engine nacelles. I'm finding when I filled and sanded the seams I lost a lot of detail so it's been a bit of a learn from mistakes type deal. I'm not going to worry to much about it at this point. I'll finish it and do the best I can and do better next time. I have been working on it most of the evening and have gotten a bit crosseyed.

Users who are viewing this thread